Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Jenna Fischer (aka Pam Beesly) has separated from her husband, James Gunn. filsteal - let us gogogo
Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 PM

Shows that I will follow this season:

* Curb Your Enthusiasm

* CSI (The Las Vegas one, can't stand the other two).

* NCIS

* The Unit (probably my favorite network show)

Don't know what days any of those shows will air--I rely on my DVR to record it for me.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars with you but I gotta say I'm not too excited about the new celebs at the moment. I hate change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Jennie Garth aged remarkably well. I saw her on Celebrity Poker, not knowing who she was and I thought she looked fantastic. With Josie Moran also on the show, looks like they're trying to up the "hot women" quota.

Mark Cuban, I could do without.

I haven't regularly watched since season 2, so maybe I'll check it out this season.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely will watch The Office. I really don't want Pam and Jim to get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, I started caring more about how Jim and Pam turned out than I did about how my own romantic situations turned out in real life.

They should do a Jim and Pam sex tape and sell it for like $100 a copy. There'd be buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no. What are you thinking? Jim and Pam should not get together until the very last episode. That would ruin the whole show for me. And I'm not sure Jim is right for her anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars with you but I gotta say I'm not too excited about the new celebs at the moment. I hate change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Jennie Garth aged remarkably well. I saw her on Celebrity Poker, not knowing who she was and I thought she looked fantastic. With Josie Moran also on the show, looks like they're trying to up the "hot women" quota.

I haven't regularly watched since season 2, so maybe I'll check it out this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

The strange thing is that the hot girls tend not to do so well. Laila Ali isn't bad looking, but she's not a classically "hot" woman unless you dig Amazons. She definitely was a sexy dancer, though. OTOH, the two models last season got voted off right away. And look at earlier seasons. The successful women have been Lisa Rinna and Monique Whoeversheis. They're not exactly gracing the pages of Maxim. I think it's that not enough men watch this show, and those that do end up voting for the sports heroes over the models.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, Jennie Garth does look great! But Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton? gaghh.

I would love it if you would watch with us! The more the better. It's a lot of fun and always impressive to see how some of the "stars" are able to improve so fast. Man, I wish you could have seen Apollo this past season. Omg.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shows that I will follow this season:

* Curb Your Enthusiasm

Don't know what days any of those shows will air--I rely on my DVR to record it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to watch CYE this season. I've missed so many seasons though. I'm not sure if I need to see them to catch up or not.

I wonder how they will handle his divorce? Has it already been addressed?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, Jennie Garth does look great! But Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton? gaghh.

I would love it if you would watch with us! The more the better. It's a lot of fun and always impressive to see how some of the "stars" are able to improve so fast. Man, I wish you could have seen Apollo this past season. Omg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely see Wayne Newton filling in the Jerry Springer/BRC role. The goofy older dude who's funny yet endearing, even if he's not very good, always does pretty well.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Jerry Springer actually surprised me. He was much better than I expected. But I don't know about this Wayne Newton guy. Isn't he old and overweight?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:05 PM

He's pretty weird looking. I don't know if he's overweight because I haven't seen him in ages. He got a black belt in karate back in the days when that used to be hard, and used to keep himself in shape.