Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Flopped set

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bellatrix and point blank,

you guys (gals) should totally play HU for rollz and/or $1.47.

[/ QUOTE ]

hella yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be up for a HU match ... but using a site transfer and playing on Prima (like HULLA)

I'll PM you
Old 10-24-2007, 11:13 PM

this is a well played hand.

betting this flop is so retarded it is actually creating a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 PM

the only options in this hand you even need to consider are calling preflop the first time (could fold) and the second time (could cap)
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a well played hand.

betting this flop is so retarded it is actually creating a bad taste in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eski-monk please... It's not amusing anymore.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 AM

its not meant to be amusing.... ?

donking here is terrible and ppl are only saying to bet because they are afraid of being criticised for not fastplaying every single good hand
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
donking here is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:52 AM

yea how about

"check calling here is terrible"

side note: check calling the river can easily be the best play. no way does the guy check AQ, so you never have to lose 2 and you give the other guys a chance to call one more bet. obviously there aren't many hands in their range that fit that description but hay.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

donking here is terrible and ppl are only saying to bet because they are afraid of being criticised for not fastplaying every single good hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not seeing why betting your hand on this flop is vomit making. Especially for newbs who tend to get FPS at the drop of a hat. You have a huge field, half of which you can trap between the PFR and a raggy board. Are you afraid of losing people on the flop? Or are you looking ahead at this particular turn and thinking it won't be as obvious hero has a set when he wakes up on a paired board?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not seeing why betting your hand on this flop is vomit making. Especially for newbs who tend to get FPS at the drop of a hat. You have a huge field, half of which you can trap between the PFR and a raggy board. Are you afraid of losing people on the flop? Or are you looking ahead at this particular turn and thinking it won't be as obvious hero has a set when he wakes up on a paired board?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah tbh i was very much overexaggerating (had 6 hrs sleep in err edit: 3 nights total... ouch). b/3bet is a decent line in this spot a lot of the time (as long as you ALSO lead marginal hands and draws in similar situations).

my point is that c/r here is also a v good line. c/c and c/r turn... also a v good line. yet people will never take these lines or accept they have a place because they are stuck in a mentality of 'must say to bet when i has a set or else ill be attacked by everyone else'

this is a wellplayed hand.

b/3bet is admittedly a good alternative.

that is all.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c and c/r turn... also a v good line.

[/ QUOTE ]

How good will this line look when the turn gets checked through? Or when it gets checked around to the CO, who sticks in a bet?

I don't think we can automatically assume that the pfr will fire another continuation bet on the turn into a million players.

[ QUOTE ]
this is a wellplayed hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Hero missed a ton of bets on the flop by adopting FPS over a nice, easy b-3b or c/r line. The way the hand actually played out, it was okay because Hero got his c/r in on the turn and was still able to trap people for multiple bets, but he didn't know he was going to be able to do that when he chose his flop line.