Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: What is the most tragic thing you\'ve ever had to deal with

My mom moved straight out of her parents house and in with my dad when they got married. She has never worked a day in her life, driven a car or balanced a checkbook. Just a good old fashioned housewife.

In 1995-96, in the span of 6 months she lost in order, her dad, her mom, her brother and her husband (my dad of course). All deaths were unexpected expect my grandma who was in a nursing home for 6 months prior.

At the time, I was going to college full time and working 2 jobs. Not a fun time in my life, but downright tragic for my mother.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM

When I was seventeen, my mom walked in my room with a look that I had never seen. She said, It's over, Turk…Michael Jordan's career is over.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 AM

when I was in grade 5, a friend of mine was murdered over the summer. His brother killed the whole family, both parents and 2 sisters.

Apparently he was angry his dad made him do chores, and he has shown no remorse and said at the time he felt his actions seemed totally justified. He is still in jail, and hopefully never gets out.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 AM

One of my best friends was killed in a car accident when I was 15 during Christmas time. I always wonder what it'd be like if he was still around.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 AM

July 31st, 2004:

I'm en route home from my best friend's (Lee) batchelor party in New Orleans. I get a call from my mother-

Me: Hello
Mom: Hey James
Me: What's up?
Mom: Have you talked to your friends in the other car? (Lee, et al were in another car traveling about an hour behind us)
Me: No, why?
Mom: (starting to choke up) They had a wreck.
Me: Was it bad?
Mom: Yes.
Me: Mom, what happened?
Mom: Lee died.

That conversation lasted about as long as it took you to read it, yet it felt like an eternity to me. I lost my best friend, and still don't know if I'm quite the same.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 AM

Five years ago on the way back from visiting our grandfather and his family who lived a few hours away, my mom and my brother and I were driving back and got rear ended on the highway after making a rest stop. Our minivan spun around several times before striking a metal pole in the grass divider (no guard rails). My brother who just shy of turning 17 was killed instantly, I was about 14 at the time. Witnessing his death first hand was very traumatic for me as it would be for anybody. My mother took his death especially hard. The next few months were extremely depressing, seeing my mother crying day after day and remembering the horrible reactions to the news from his friends and fiancee is something I'll never really get over. Just thinking about it now puts me in tears. Usually I just try not to think about it, and I've done a pretty good job of that.

Pretty depressing thread topic, but as much as I hate to dwell on stuff like this I do think it's important to not forget what happened and to grieve accordingly.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 AM

Lee, Lee, Lee, Lee,
Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee,
We're talkin' [censored]' Lee.
I had a friend named Lee,
He cast a spell a spell on me.
If me and Lee and KG could be three,
Flyin' free Tenacious Lee,
Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee,
I'd propose on bended knee
To Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee,
If me, and Lee, and KG, (that's me)
Could be three, (could be three)
Plant a tree, (plant a tree)
Just for Lee, (just for Lee)
Just for Lee, (Lee)
Just for Lee!
Lee, Lee, Lee: ["Psycho" Knife Song style, 16X]
Leeee, Leeee, Leeee:
LEE!

/sorry
Old 11-07-2007, 05:08 AM

My dad and grandpa(mom's side) died within several months of each other. I was really young(5 or so) but it still gets to me sometimes(I'm 18 now). Especially so because my dad had a heart attack while my mom was at work, 3rd shift. I went upstairs to go to bed...came back downstairs because I needed a pillow, and he was lying on the floor. I thought he was messing around, because he was like that...Tried to wake him up for God knows how long, until my mom called from work. I still remember telling her, "Dad's asleep...he won't wake up". I can't even imagine how she felt at that moment.

I always wonder what would have happened if I was one of those genetically engineered preschoolers that know how to use 911.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 AM

WTF with all the retardation in this thread???
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 AM

aisle, your 16 yr old brother had a fiance??? wtf?

for me it was my mom dying very suddenly 2 years ago when i was away in spain. i got a call, got on the next plane, and she was gone within a few hours... i never really got a chance to talk to her or say anything conscious to her again. i don't know which is worse - suddenly without the chance to really say everything you wanna say and get used to the idea, or slowly and having to deal with your parent being in an awful state. anyways, i dont talk to my dad anymore so it's just me and my brother now, 23 and 24... we're figuring it out though, slowly but surely.