Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Why Doesn\'t TAG Work For Me?

ICMoney I was a typical 18/15/4 tag. I actually just played a session where I lagged it up again even though the tables were pretty fishy, and I lost KK<AA ai pf but I still finished the session up. I swear it's like night and day when I play tag versus lag.

BTW the reason I'm asking this is because I would like a better grasp of what is actually going on here. I know it works, but the only reason I've come up with for why it works is because I just naturally be a lag player and my thought process just doesn't work with a tag approach to the game.

I really would like to still be able to play both styles. I want to be able to understand the tag game well enough to teach it to someone, but until then I'll just enjoy winning again.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Why Doesn\'t TAG Work For Me?

Play your own style, everyone recommends TAG because of the predominance of fish around the Micros. If playing a LAG style makes you more money though, then by all means play that way. I think it is important you don't totally forget about a TAG type of game though. Like everyone has said already, being able to adapt to table dynamics is extremely important and by not being able to at least play a ABC form of TAG at the micros this will probably hurt your potential earn when a fishy table requires that kind of play.
Closed Thread