Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: TheBryce - Rich enough - Why isnt this getting any drama?

[ QUOTE ]
Very un-pc way of saying retarded. Its refering to Down's Syndrome, not people from mongolia.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm still confused. in what way is professional poker a "mongoloid enterprise" then?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:41 PM

It is gambling. There are much more interesting & worthwhile challenges in life.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he's a great player etc. but something is off here. If he's made 3 million over last 3 years, and makes 80k/mo, there's no way he walks away.

Walking away from 1 million in income this year when you're net worth is 3 million is something no one does. Probably he's on downswing, sensing games getting much tougher, doubts his ability to make a million this year. Again, despite his great blog entry and well articulated point of view, i dont buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't followed this guy at all so I may be wrong here, but I get the feeling the great majority of his winnings come from running well above expectation in toughish 1k-2k and 500-1k HULHE matches. (Not saying he wasn't +EV, just that he probably ran above expectation.)

If that is so his comments make more sense. The way you phrase it he's receiving some kind of salary of $80k/mo for sitting at his computer. Maybe his situation is more akin to winning the lottery and retiring.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, if his blog posts mirror his own intellectual ability even by a fraction, he should pursue something else besides the mongoloid enterprise that is professional poker. Extraordinarily well-spoken and intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

apologies, but what does "mongoloid" mean in that context?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means that he is a moron trying to appear well spoken
Old 11-25-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he's a great player etc. but something is off here. If he's made 3 million over last 3 years, and makes 80k/mo, there's no way he walks away.

Walking away from 1 million in income this year when you're net worth is 3 million is something no one does. Probably he's on downswing, sensing games getting much tougher, doubts his ability to make a million this year. Again, despite his great blog entry and well articulated point of view, i dont buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure he has made a lot of money through real estate as well. 3 million is just what he has made through poker.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:26 PM

i never even heard of this dude.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure he has made a lot of money through real estate as well. 3 million is just what he has made through poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plans to make $$$ through real estate now and hasn't as much in the past? Im probably wrong though
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 PM

his name should be knish (sp)
Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't even read the article but I can tell you that there is a VERY good chance that if I made $3-mil in 3 yrs grinding it out at the high-stakes I would be extremely likely to walk away and find something else to do with my time and my money.
I might play the occasional land-based tourney or something.
But sitting at home clicking buttons all day, when you already have $3-million, isn't exactly the most worthwhile of existences.

Some people just aren't as attracted to poker as others. And some of these people are still motivated enough to get good at it even if they find it somewhat boring.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:01 PM

looks like he has pretty much made 2.5 of that 3 in the last year.