Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: I have a problem...

I see nothing off this hand. Numbers are fine. It just happens these are the hands that define losing streaks and make winning streaks.

I just start putting books on these guys and figuring out their betting pattern.

I usually 3 bang it the first time against an unknown and if he folds I mark it.

If he calls down and wins I mark it etc.

After that I mix up my line a bit against them, sometimes in position forgoing the continuation bet and then picking it up again on the turn if they check to me.

I think if you mix up the c bet a bit, instead of doing it HU in position 100% of the time, do it 80% or 70%. Now you see guys starting to play back.

When they act last its a different story, you have to C bet the flop pretty well 100% of the time and just figure out if they are the type to call or reraise or call and then reraise the turn.

Again knowledge is king. You have to take some lumps sometimes but just take good notes and they you can outplay them.

As far as your stats go. Don't worry about the VPIP in my books, I have played fr 1/2 at 29%, in fact I have 80k hands up to 5/10 fr at 29% and it wasn't a problem it's just about post flop play and booking your opponents.

Think maybe you try and steal too much which might explain people calling down a lot against you but its not really out of line.

You do seem to play too aggressively on the turn and river. My af goes down for each street.

I recognize the frustration when you value bet and get called down with people who spike lousy flops or hit there 7 on the river when they were totally dominated.

Its the cost of doing business though.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM

b/f is player dependant, obv u don't want to b/f against someone that will c/r bluff here. Against passives I rly consider their c/r's r pretty strong, unless it's in a situation that looks too weird, ie river card doesn't seem to hit ne thing etc.

(Edited out this bit... "oops that bit was stoopid, they wouldn't fold, nvm"). Depending on the river card u can decide if u wanna bet it or not.

Also i think it's worth noting you'll get looked up here by 22/33/55/66/77/ne 4 here a lot.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beni, bet this turn. Fish will draw to any of their two cards over 4 or will call down with any pp.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so are you talking b/f here? I think that's my problem lately. The fish are trying to tell me something and I'm just not believing them. I feel like I'm either out raising everybody or out folding everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I would bet / fold this turn except vs the most aggro playres.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 AM

AQ turn bet is super standard and 88 turn check is bad.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Betting the turn in both hands is standard.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM

I need to vent about a 80BB loss in a 2hr session...
I had good cards like every hand (QQ,JJ,AK) which is why I went down in flames so quickly. I had a W@SD of like 8%. This 80BB was like the whole thing I had worked up in 5000 hands, and now I'm in the red again online. Sigh...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 AM

I have a problem too. Today's task is to see if I did something different during the short upswing. Only thing I can say for sure is I had just finished reading SSHE and on the flop I was either raising or folding, never calling. Also, I never gave defending or stealing blinds a second thought.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ turn bet is super standard and 88 turn check is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

also against some vils bet the river for value hand 1
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 AM

Take a couple days off, play in some horseaments, go leaf peeping or something. You'll still be down, but your thinking will get better.