Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do I
Not mention poker/the money 27 64.29%
Return his $20 buy-in 7 16.67%
Give him a bigger cut/all of it cuz he clearly needs it more than I 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

[ QUOTE ]
To those that don't like the OP poll and prefer the other one there are problems with the 7 choice one too. One could choose the same # for all of them and vote in all 7 polls even though the point is to pick a 1-5. It seems there is an even bigger margin of error. I see your point though but it just doesn't work IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, if the users can't correctly fill in the poll, there's going to be issues. But that's gonna happen with any poll, and I suspect that the smart readers of 2p2 should be able to figure it out. The original poll is not immune to this either.

Incidentally, I suspect that the "margin of error" would be smaller in the revised poll as you'll be able to look at an average score for each site, which is obviously impossible for the original poll.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM

The first polls results are just plain hilarious.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Anyone who ranked Poker.com/Carbon as the least trustworthy want to talk about why? I don't remember hearing much about them on this forum, or anything bad except for lack of games.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who ranked Poker.com/Carbon as the least trustworthy want to talk about why? I don't remember hearing much about them on this forum, or anything bad except for lack of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are one of a very few number of sites that do not service Australia.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are one of a very few number of sites that do not service Australia.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are based there though right? They can't get licensed if they take players from Australia. I might be wrong about being based there it's just that any other site I've heard that did not take Aussies was because they were licensed there.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are based there though right? They can't get licensed if they take players from Australia. I might be wrong about being based there it's just that any other site I've heard that did not take Aussies was because they were licensed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread discusses poker.com in further detail: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9039943

note that my first post in that thread was incorrect, and my second post, is more accurate.

given that poker.com appears to have a significant link to a first world country with a developed legal system and consumer protections, i would have more faith in them than an offshore mob with no such links.

of course, Australian online gaming law prevents them from servicing Australians (which, in my personal opinion, is absurd - surely it would be better for the Australian community if Australians were able to use Australian services instead of foreign ones)

i know that WPTonline (or whatever the correct name is - it is based on the WPT) also refuses to serve Australians.

On a similar level of absurdity, I have heard this story anecdotally from a woman claiming to work at PokerStars in Sydney: While PokerStars is able to serve Australians, and has an Australian office (located in Sydney), the Australians working in that office are not allowed to have any interaction with an Australian player's account.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Depends what you mean by trust. I'd feel comfortable having my life savings on Pokerstars, but I distrust their RNG more than any other site.

For safety of funds I'd say I trust Full Tilt the least, purely based on the numerous threads we've had about them here.

For any other type of problem that only CS could handle, the easy answer for me is UB. Most incompetent support ever.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 PM

I almost feel those 4 votes for stars being the worst is to skew the results