Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: What poker books would you like to see?

[ QUOTE ]
6-max Hold'em cash games
PLO book
Small Stakes NLHE

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMTFT
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon's Little Red Book of Chinese Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genuinely, I laughed out loud.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what I'd like to see:

Have Mason & Dave pick a forum or set of forums - Limit hold'em, MTT, SnG, NL FR, NL 6-max. Then they each read every thread going back 6-8 months. Each time they find an interesting thread they copy n' paste it into a word document. If they each comb one forum or set of forums going 6-8 months back, then they should each come up with 300-400 interesting threads per forum or forum set.

Then they go over their lists together and pick hands that they both think are interesting. They then comment on the advice given by the posters, both the good advice and the bad advice. This should pair down both the lists to around 200-300 hands per forum or forum group.

A little massaging to put it all into a readable format (and to mask the identity of any of the various forum posters) and

***PRESTO***

Internet Poker Essays, vol I Limit Hold'em
Internet Poker Essays, vol II MTTs & SnGs
Internet Poker Essays, vol III NL FR & 6-Max Cash Games

Totally doable, totally marketable.

After all, 90% of the strategy articles in poker magazines are exactly this, only it's all "Here's a hand a buddy of mine played. We were discussing it nine days later while white water rafting through the Grand Canyon, yet still managed to remember every detail and nuance. Here's what Fred did. Our friend Susie just happen to be listening and said this, and then I corrected both of them when I said..."

And they all expect to publish compilations of their articles as poker strategy books. I don't see how this would be any different.

Frankly, I'm surprised none of the enterprising regular posters (or lurkers) hasn't done this already.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Hi dirty banana2007:

Right at the moment, we are committed to a number of book projects, and doing a book is a long and difficult task for us, and especially for me. When these books are all finished, and we expect that to be in approximately nine months, we'll need to take a little break. Partly because I won't want to work for a while, partly to recover our investment (mostly due to printing costs), and partly to see how poker books are still selling.

When all of that is completed, we can then make decisions about future books.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-04-2007, 06:04 PM

I'd like to see some of the older titles revised and updated a little too. Nothing drastic in most cases. Maybe update the cover art, fix whatever errata and errors people hate on, and try to add some content value with updated material and expansion.

ToP is a great candidate, and it doesn't need a major reworking. It's excellent and timeless, but some novices might be put off by the old look. Plus, you could add a little more GT material and things like that.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what I'd like to see:

Have Mason & Dave pick a forum or set of forums - Limit hold'em, MTT, SnG, NL FR, NL 6-max. Then they each read every thread going back 6-8 months. Each time they find an interesting thread they copy n' paste it into a word document. If they each comb one forum or set of forums going 6-8 months back, then they should each come up with 300-400 interesting threads per forum or forum set.

Then they go over their lists together and pick hands that they both think are interesting. They then comment on the advice given by the posters, both the good advice and the bad advice. This should pair down both the lists to around 200-300 hands per forum or forum group.

A little massaging to put it all into a readable format (and to mask the identity of any of the various forum posters) and

***PRESTO***

Internet Poker Essays, vol I Limit Hold'em
Internet Poker Essays, vol II MTTs & SnGs
Internet Poker Essays, vol III NL FR & 6-Max Cash Games

Totally doable, totally marketable.

After all, 90% of the strategy articles in poker magazines are exactly this, only it's all "Here's a hand a buddy of mine played. We were discussing it nine days later while white water rafting through the Grand Canyon, yet still managed to remember every detail and nuance. Here's what Fred did. Our friend Susie just happen to be listening and said this, and then I corrected both of them when I said..."

And they all expect to publish compilations of their articles as poker strategy books. I don't see how this would be any different.

Frankly, I'm surprised none of the enterprising regular posters (or lurkers) hasn't done this already.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is ridiculous phy. the other day im thinking about books like this based out of the strat forums. it would be such a hit
Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous phy. the other day im thinking about books like this based out of the strat forums. it would be such a hit

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a lot of work, but then books always are. And the thing with this idea is that two good, well-rounded players could have a finished manuscript for any one of these in three months.

That's why I'm surprised some lurker hasn't done it already, and just re-edited the threads so it all sounded like it was a hand a "friend" played, and they were the ones giving the friend all the advice.

Invent some fake internet crew of on-line poker players like "The Presto Boys", who all get together at a friend's house every week to review hand histories. Some crap like that. Then publish it under some fake name like "Johnny Presto" because "we don't want to reveal our real names or our real on-line handles, because that would give our regular opponents too much insight into our play style and give them an advantage over us."

Geez, hope you lurkers out there give me a cut from these books, now that I've spelled out exactly how you can rip off 2+2 and all the regular posters...

Too bad we aren't good, well-rounded players, eh jordie? LOL!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 AM

If there's one thing I'm disappointed in, it's that these new 2+2 book covers do not have any pictures of revolvers.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM

A HU holdem book would be awesome.