Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Top pair & nut flush draw in $1500 NL 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? As far as I see it, jamming's going to be some degree of right because we're obviously never going to be that far behind and folding AJ and AQ sometimes would be nice. But what about getting value from the rest of his range?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should say I'm pretty sure he's like never calling a reraise with a worse ace, but he's bad postflop in the sense that he may be raising to see where he's at with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. so call. Check/shove any turn I think.

All,
Just cause he likes Axs preflop doesn't mean he's raise/calling a shove with it here. Plus, a jam's a pretty substantial overbet and he can easily marry himself to a hand on the turn.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 AM

This is a situation where I would try to angle shoot by trying to make it look like a call, but reraise small, ie. instead of putting out 1*1000 +3 *100 more, put out 3*1000 and 1*100 or something and act like you made a mistake.

Perhaps no one falls for these, but this is definitely the main thing I am looking forward to in live poker.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Hmmm I hadn't considered 3-betting small, I think I really like that to keep worse flush draws in and maybe confuse him into donking off more chips with a worse ace.

Anyways for those who like results, I called and the turn is the 5d. I check, he jams ~10K. I tank 2 or 3 minutes into the break muttering about how I wish I just jammed the flop now and eventually muck. He asks if I want to see, I say yes and he shows A4hh.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 PM

5250. Shove the turn.

This line keeps clubs in and gives us another chance to get AQ to make a bad fold.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam jam

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you have top pair and the nut flush draw.

Some of you overthink the minutiae of simple decisions way too much. This isn't hard.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:08 AM

i like a call on flop, shove turn.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you have top pair and the nut flush draw.

Some of you overthink the minutiae of simple decisions way too much. This isn't hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Why are you flat-calling here? What's your plan on the turn? What's calling you on the turn? The only things calling on the turn are hands that are beating you, which were either beating you before the turn or somehow catch-up, so why let them do that?

So if all you're getting called by on the turn is things that are beating you, wouldn't you at least rather get it in with the nut flush draw and 2 to peel than with 1 to peel? If a flush comes on the turn this could kill your action, anyway. A lot of hands that would've gone in on the flop (or even paid you off if he's actually behind on the flop) are gonna get away from it when you hit a flush and fire.

I see no reason to flat call here and go to a turn because any good card for you is likely to kill action anyway, he could end up out-drawing you, you're going to stack off if he was leading to begin with anyway, etc. etc.

Jam the flop and be very, very happy about it, he's much more likely to call you when behind on the flop than the turn and you're getting looked up by a better hand at both points.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:41 AM

I have an edge. I'm pressing it.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an edge. I'm pressing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is terrible logic. can you come up with a real reason for jamming (I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying 'I have an edge' is a terrible reason)?

also timex is hilarious