Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: My first contract hit

[ QUOTE ]
tape a bunch of cap gun caps that go off on impact up around where the little pecker likes to bang away.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be awesome because it would seriously tramatize the woodpecker. It would probably have to find its own life coach to work thru its emotional issues and finally be able to woodpeck again.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the past week and a half, every morning at 6am a yellow-bodied orange-headed woodpecker tries to drill a hole in the drain pipe at the corner of the house that's right above my bed. It's really loud.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is mating behavior. The correct solution is to get the woodpecker laid.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the past week and a half, every morning at 6am a yellow-bodied orange-headed woodpecker tries to drill a hole in the drain pipe at the corner of the house that's right above my bed. It's really loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mating behavior. The correct solution is to get the woodpecker laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is definitely going to get screwed.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM

I was at my gym about 4 months ago, and I was overhearing a life coach type of session going on. It seemed interesting. From what i gather, it consisted of a guy who had his life more or less together, sharing his outlook on life to another guy.

It was really motivating me as I was working out.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
find another way.

no charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

same

why don't you just put the wood owl/have someone else put up the wood owl instead of killing the woodpecker?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tape a bunch of cap gun caps that go off on impact up around where the little pecker likes to bang away.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be YouTube worthy.

[ QUOTE ]
this would be awesome because it would seriously tramatize the woodpecker. It would probably have to find its own life coach to work thru its emotional issues and finally be able to woodpeck again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it I'm calling Chad. ;-)

The emo thing is more for college kids. Men have lawn envy and people they want dead. That's about it.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM

cmon matt, don't kill the cute little bird.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 PM

I used to have a mockingbird outside my window that would imitate car alarms from about midnight to 3 am every night. Incredibly no set of calls was ever the same. It was the craziest, loudest, hardest to ignore sound you could possibly imagine. It took me a couple nights to realize someone wasn't pulling some prank with a bullhorn or loud speaker. I just couldn't conceive that sound could come out of a living creature. Also it was the hottest summer ever in LA and I don't have AC, so closing the window really sucked.

I couldn't see the thing at night so all I could do was throw stuff in his general direction. I swear if I could have killed him right then I would have had no problem. Then I would see him during the day, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally I just started spraying him with a hose and he moved down the street to torment someone else.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Save the woodpecker, save the world.

[ QUOTE ]
cmon matt, don't kill the cute little bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok El Diablo forum, you have the chance to save a life. But you must be convincing.

Yeti: Do you eat chicken? If so, the chicken was killed for you. If you didn't eat chicken, chickens would live. Is the moral issue that it's ok to eat chickens because you don't kill the chicken yourself? If so, you outsource chicken killing and it's ok?

I ate chicken for lunch, and the chicken did nothing to me. This woodpecker is causing me to lose sleep, and if he breeds more will come. I may need to eat him to justify the kill though.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Save the woodpecker, save the world.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeti: Do you eat chicken? If so, the chicken was killed for you. If you didn't eat chicken, chickens would live. Is the moral issue that it's ok to eat chickens because you don't kill the chicken yourself? If so, you outsource chicken killing and it's ok?

I ate chicken for lunch, and the chicken did nothing to me. This woodpecker is causing me to lose sleep, and if he breeds more will come. I may need to eat him to justify the kill though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he breeds, it doesn't mean the whole family is all going to come bang on your house together.

Try the wood owl.