Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 04-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: nl100 99 3way flop

[ QUOTE ]
The things is the button has 2 cards as well and they could very well be better than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I understand that, but it is tough on this board to have a hand better than 99
Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a pretty easy shove on a blank turn, the overcard ones are the ones I'm hung up on, A and K scare me the most and I think I would prefer just checking it down with all of them, not sure how likely that happens(by checking down I mean not put more in than what BTN has left)

[ QUOTE ]
With him cold calling here he either has a big hand and wants u to raise thinking hes drawing, or has a good draw

[/ QUOTE ]

again the speed of the call suggests he has a draw nearly always, when someone has a set they will likely think about the other options briefly before deciding, also there aren't that many combos of sets possible, and he would have basically had to decide to c/c all bets before the action got back to him

[/ QUOTE ]

off the wall thought but if you bet enough on scary turns so that BTs inevitable shove is less than a minraise you cant get raised off till you at least see the river
Old 04-14-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its a pretty easy shove on a blank turn, the overcard ones are the ones I'm hung up on, A and K scare me the most and I think I would prefer just checking it down with all of them, not sure how likely that happens(by checking down I mean not put more in than what BTN has left)

[ QUOTE ]
With him cold calling here he either has a big hand and wants u to raise thinking hes drawing, or has a good draw

[/ QUOTE ]

again the speed of the call suggests he has a draw nearly always, when someone has a set they will likely think about the other options briefly before deciding, also there aren't that many combos of sets possible, and he would have basically had to decide to c/c all bets before the action got back to him

[/ QUOTE ]

off the wall thought but if you bet enough on scary turns so that BTs inevitable shove is less than a minraise you cant get raised off till you at least see the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be misunderstanding you, but if I bet the turn, BTN has only 2 choices call or fold the pot would be ~80 with ~70 left for me/sb, 17 for BTN

if I bet the turn I think my only option is shove
Old 04-14-2007, 12:39 PM

A lot of short stacks like to cold call with 1010+ so I don't think its all that certain that your beating the buttons range especially since you have no read on him.

And if you decide to call, there are hardly any blank turn cards to shove. The sb could have 56h, 67h, 35h, A3h, A5h, 2x suited, any 2 suited overs, theres way to many hands he can have. By shoving the turn your just hoping w/e card it is missed him. The only really safe cards are a 4 8 or 9, and you can't count on these cards coming up often enough to blindly shove the turn. Also insta calls don't always mean draws. It is true that they usually mean draws/weakness, but some players do insta call w sets. So by continuing with this hand your hoping you have the unknown button beat, and your hoping that the unknown sb isn't the type to insta call sets and only has 45-55% equity vs you. And then when you do shove the turn you will be giving the sb 2.5-1 on a call, and if he has a draw a lot of turn cards might make him correct to call based on his hand.

You have committed 12.5 to this pot, both villains are unknown and you have a marginal 1 pair hand that is unlikely to be more than 50% vs the sb, move on.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM

I'd muck it. Marginal hand, won't improve, any of the others villains could be well ahead or if not then not for behind.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be misunderstanding you, but if I bet the turn, BTN has only 2 choices call or fold the pot would be ~80 with ~70 left for me/sb, 17 for BTN

[/ QUOTE ]

i was saying if the turn is an over then bet $12 and button pushes for $17 and the SB can only call or fold but then i remembered that thats only applicable if hes already acted once on this street.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was saying if the turn is an over then bet $12 and button pushes for $17 and the SB can only call or fold but then i remembered that thats only applicable if hes already acted once on this street.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh

never seen that before, I've been call-locked before, but never seen a spot where you can effectively limit the action, I would have assumed since he hasn't put money in he can shove over the top
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh

never seen that before, I've been call-locked before, but never seen a spot where you can effectively limit the action, I would have assumed since he hasn't put money in he can shove over the top

[/ QUOTE ]

ya im tired and stupid
Old 04-14-2007, 01:54 PM

would you play it differently if you had

AA
KK
QQ
JJ
TT
99 w/ the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 02:02 PM

shove, shove, call get it in on safe turns, call get it in on safe turns, call get in on safe turns, no.