[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both choices seem excellent.
Good luck, guys

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Re: New Mods

Excellent choices, I think they'll work just fine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 10:16 PM

VR/Iron:

Congrats to both. I haven't really dealt with Iron before, but you both seem to understand the importance of balance in the forum while still pushing your own points.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 AM

Great choices! Congratulations, guys.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've decided to add two new user mods to the politics forum. Neither will have more power than the other, and they will be working together to help this forum. But I'll still be around to monitor things and resolve big disputes when it looks like a red name is needed.

Vulturesrow and iron81 are the new politics mods, and I really appreciate them volunteering to help out. Thanks to the others who volunteered as well. It's always great to hear from regulars who really do seem to care about this place.

[/ QUOTE ]Great choices.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:26 AM

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES - TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES

whoops - thought I was in thunderdome - sorry -

rb
Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 AM

A mod whom I have on ignore.

That can't be good.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Re: New Mods....to VR & Iron.......

I am encouraged for the future of the Politics Forum by this latest turn of events.

As you're formulating the new 'guidelines', I would ask you both to do you’re very best to remember the following:

The Politics Forum will be best served when any and all posters will never have to feel that they must conform to a set of 'acceptable' guidelines that smack of ANY political leaning.

Please consider that the subject of Politics is different from virtually any of the other Forums, and as such, much be dealt with in a different manner.

Openness of full expression of any posters beliefs is to be encouraged in order to further encourage an exchange of ideas surrounding the subject being discussed.

Establish and post a very clear framework for Forum behavior surrounding the issue of both thread locking and banning of posters.

The issue of Politics can often lead to some very rough & tumble discussions. Political Correctness should NEVER be a consideration when attempting to moderate this Forum.

Regardless of a posters political leaning, we must understand that most hold their beliefs passionately. Passion should not be confused with raw emotion. We all say things in the heat of discussion that we later wish we had not said. We are also all adults, and should be held personally accountable and responsible for whatever we post. The previous standard of allowing moderators to ‘ban’ posters based upon the moderator’s subjection view is a flawed process, and should not be continued.

I sincerely hope that the above thoughts will help in establishing a new set of guidelines that will help elevate this Forum to a special level.

Best of Luck.......

Myrt........
Old 10-02-2006, 08:10 AM

These two posters are excellent choices for mods in this forum. A couple guys who are on the opposite end of the political spectrum, yet are both known for attentiveness and fairness. Maybe you should look in the mirror and realize that having one of these guys on ignore is a problem with you, not them.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These two posters are excellent choices for mods in this forum. A couple guys who are on the opposite end of the political spectrum

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to disparage iron/vr - both are good posters - but this is really untrue, especially on this forum. opposite ends of the political spectrum are maybe propertarian and borodog. VR/iron are both in the middle.