Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: tell me ima fish so i drop down limits... just a vent here

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't intend it to be dickish

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
As to either of you who would rather play me, I'd happily play either of you. PM me and we'll arrange something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I think you are missing the point. While I have only played iwanturmoney once or twice hu a few months back and I'm unsure if we have played hu for any length of time I was simply implying that I figured he was a tougher hu opponent for me. Now his game may have deteriorated or what not and I really could care less who has a edge between you too, I simply had a problem with the tone of your post. By reading your second post it seems as if you still haven't realized how you come across either.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU against tough opponents shouldn't be the first thing on your agenda .......

As to either of you who would rather play me[Baronzeus and Tongni], I'd happily play either of you. PM me and we'll arrange something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM

We have played a lot together. There is no question you are capable of beating those games. The only problem is it kinda sucks to wake up and play agaist the same 7 guys everyday, all of which who do nothing but sit around in thier undwear and think up new expert limit hold em strategy. Those games are just tough now, and when you start to run really horrible, any game selection you once had usually goes out the window, and you start to put it in just a little bit worse, so that small edge you started out with goes away pretty quickly.

I think most people really underestimate the kind of swings you are going to get playing short high limit holdem with a bunch of tough players. I had a swing real similar to yours, I think I lost like 5 months in a row after having maybe like one or two losing months in the past 3 years. As long as you dont let it get into your head, like it seems like its starting to, you'll be fine. Just dont be too proud to sit out once and while and to play a little smaller until you get back on track.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 PM

ll of which who do nothing but sit around in thier undwear and think up new expert limit hold em strategy.

lol

these games have gotten tough no doubt