Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: PSA: How to use 2+2\'s search engine.

thanks for this pokey - any advice on searching the archives (where you're not searhing for a specific thread, and are less likley to be familiar with the posters)?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent and very useful post. I have one question though:

Is there any way to search for all post you have made, including those in threads created by others, without all the replies?

If I enter my username in the Username search field, and -"Re:" in the Keyword search field, I will only find threads created by myself, and not replies I've made in threads created by others. If I don't enter -"Re:" I get replies by others in all threads I've been active in.

Any way around this? Would be awesome to be able to find all posts I've made the last week and see if someone has replied to any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

Anyone? Pokey? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just click on your username then go to "Show all user's posts." It keeps the last 200 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I just realized that the replies that appear when I search for all posts by me are only my own replies, not others'. So clicking "Show all user's posts" basically does the same thing as the search function.

What I really meant was if there's any way to make the treads you've been active in during the last week appear only once, instead of five or ten times, depending on how many replies you've made in the thread during this time.

For example, if I during the last week have posted 3 posts in thread A, and 2 posts in thread B. If I search for all posts by me/click "Show all user's posts" I get this:

Re: Thread A
Re: Thread B
Re: Thread B

I would like to only get:

Thread A
Thread B

Hope that made sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Probably isn't possibly, but if it is it'd be wonderful.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Thanks pokey the search engine on this site is, well, not great. You just made it easier though.