Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: ***ROCKETS 07-08***

I think Rafer is the best option for the Adelman offense. I expect this team to do really well and finally get to the 2nd round.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 AM

I'm an Oregon alum and have probably seen 80% of the games that Brooks played in college. The kid has come a long way and has a hell of a game right now. He's the long term fit for SOMEBODY at PG, and Houston has the ability to make it them.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are way underestimating Scola. They are fine at PF. They don't need another dominant post scorer since they have Yao. Yes Scola may seem weak compared to so many other great PFs, but those great PFs probably have a role player at center...its just reversed for Houston.

Their problem is PG. They have a lot of marginal players. Their best hope is that Brooks turns into a solid player and is starting by the end of the year. Alston looks like he performed the best in preseason and won the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scola is good, but he's 6'9... they need a guy closer to seven feet who's a better rebounder/defensive player to make the next step... and i think they can get it by trading some of their pg's/draft picks

edit: and ya i know they don't need another post scorer..scolas scoring ability should be more than enough
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although I think Hollinger projected them to win the most games of anyone, but he is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you could post for 10 more years and this would be the dumbest thing you would post (backhanded compliment?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure I've written way worse this week alone. Hollinger (irrationally?) bugs the piss out of me with his 100% stat-based reasoning for everything. PER? OK fine, Yao has the best projected PER, but what would he be picked in a mock draft by NBA GMs, 6th or worse? Then he was nutriding the Spurs all last year and I think he got lucky on that one (could just as easily have been the Mavs or Suns that won the title).

I consider Hollinger to be the stat geek yin to Marc Stein's "everyman's analysis" yang though so there is a place for it.

EDIT: I guess a good question is, does anyone seriously believe they will lead the NBA in wins this season? This is a Rockets thread so it would require setting homerism aside, but it's a hard sell.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 PM

whoa... c'mon. He "nutrided" the Spurs by placing them slightly higher than the Mavs, who were slightly higher than the Suns. It was all pretty close anyway you cut the cake.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although I think Hollinger projected them to win the most games of anyone, but he is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you could post for 10 more years and this would be the dumbest thing you would post (backhanded compliment?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how smart Hollinger may have been in the past, that projection is idiotic.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure I've written way worse this week alone. Hollinger (irrationally?) bugs the piss out of me with his 100% stat-based reasoning for everything. PER? OK fine, Yao has the best projected PER, but what would he be picked in a mock draft by NBA GMs, 6th or worse? Then he was nutriding the Spurs all last year and I think he got lucky on that one (could just as easily have been the Mavs or Suns that won the title).

I consider Hollinger to be the stat geek yin to Marc Stein's "everyman's analysis" yang though so there is a place for it.

EDIT: I guess a good question is, does anyone seriously believe they will lead the NBA in wins this season? This is a Rockets thread so it would require setting homerism aside, but it's a hard sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they stay healthy all year (probably wont) I would say they have a 30% chance to win the most games this year..take into fact mcgady's back and yao's absurd size I'd say there around 10%

but as i've been saying in every post... they're gonna make some moves midseason, and become the best team [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-30% comes from a tossup between them n the other three, not 25% because of the chance of injury for the other three teams
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Artdogg,

Exactly. Never mind kidcolin anyway, he's a Hollinger nutrider. Just look at that gay avatar and Loc:.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM

tuq.. don't make me post in ATF complaining about you. Change it back!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they stay healthy all year (probably wont) I would say they have a 30% chance to win the most games this year..take into fact mcgady's back and yao's absurd size I'd say there around 10%

but as i've been saying in every post... they're gonna make some moves midseason, and become the best team [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-30% comes from a tossup between them n the other three, not 25% because of the chance of injury for the other three teams

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in the games in which both Yao and Tmac played last year they still had a significally worst % than all 3 of the top teams. The Suns also had a rough start with Amare's health and a mid season Nash injury or they could have won a lot more games themselves. Same with the Mavs. The Spurs dumped off a lot of games at home to Eastern lottery teams for some reason. Once again the big addition here looks like it's Mike James, and he's not going to mold the Rockets from 4th to 1st (they could even be 5th, can't lose to an inferior Jazz team with homecourt.)