Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Default San Diego in an AC world

So San Siego is under some significant stress ATM and Goverment is providing a substantial response. How 'bout the AC'ers on here tell us how much this situation would be better for us in an AC world.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: San Diego in an AC world

This situation would be so much better in an AC world.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM

BB,

thanks for the helpful response.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:54 PM

yw
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Not sure what stress you're talking about in San Diego, but if you didn't vote Rider for mayor, I don't think you can complain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what stress you're talking about in San Diego, but if you didn't vote Rider for mayor, I don't think you can complain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. WTF is Elliot talking about?

Never mind, based off his other thread, he's talking about forest fires.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So San Siego is under some significant stress ATM and Goverment is providing a substantial response. How 'bout the AC'ers on here tell us how much this situation would be better for us in an AC world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expand it to all of SoCal, and they'll have a tougher time, but it will go something like this: "Why would anyone in Phoenix hire Firefighting, Inc. if they arent willing to help our SoCal brothers in their time of need?"

Oh wait, or is it, "Wtf should I hire Firefighting, Inc. if they are going to run off and reduce our protection to help those rich, crazy, free-riders in socal?"
Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh wait, or is it, "Wtf should I hire Firefighting, Inc. if they are going to run off and reduce our protection to help those rich, crazy, free-riders in socal?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this not a form of "Individualism" that divides a nation?

Correct me if I am wrong, however, I believe that the U.S.A. would be a much better place to live if Congress always acted in a way that addressed the needs of the country as a whole, rather than just serving the special interests.

How can we expect our federal government to act on behalf of the nation as a "whole" if we are not willing to look upon our fellow citizens as important as ourselves?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I am wrong, however, I believe that the U.S.A. would be a much better place to live if Congress always acted in a way that addressed the needs of the country as a whole, rather than just serving the special interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

THe problem with this utopian dream is that "the country as a whole" doesn't have one single set of needs. There are lots of individuals, many of whom have needs that are at cross purposes. So why strive for some universal one-size-fits-all solution?

[ QUOTE ]
How can we expect our federal government to act on behalf of the nation as a "whole" if we are not willing to look upon our fellow citizens as important as ourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is important. You're trying to smear freedom by tieing it to selfishness. They are not inherently linked.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THe problem with this utopian dream is that "the country as a whole" doesn't have one single set of needs. There are lots of individuals, many of whom have needs that are at cross purposes. So why strive for some universal one-size-fits-all solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. China, however, isn't pulling in 1 billion a day in trade surpluses due to our government looking out for what's in the best interest of our country as a whole. China spends close to 500 million a year lobbying congress.