Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Luxor $1/1/2 $50 NL Buy in?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, the sky is blue [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<been discussed to death, worst structure NL in vegas>

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh sorry..I tried a search but couldn't find anything on it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Anybody gotta link?

Yeah when I sat down this dude to my right had a $500 stack. I asked him how long he had been playing and he said bout an hour. He just waited for good cards and pushed. Eventually he became the bully at the table. lol i played for like 15 min then i couldn't stand it anymore. Reloading when my stack dwindled to $45/$46 was too much of a hassle for me. I rarely play live so this structure just amazed me!

Edited: Sweet thanks LVMichael!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Here is a thread from December (found through searching subject: Luxor).

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8529245

There is also discussion about it at www.allvegaspoker.com
Old 02-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Yeah, structure sucks, but when I played it the players were just horrible. A bunch of passive calling stations with a couple of loose donkeys who always pushed the turn if they didn't get resistance on the flop. I made about $350 in two hours of play (without rebuying above the $50) there by just playing pairs and waiting for the lag's to push when I made a set.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, structure sucks, but when I played it the players were just horrible. A bunch of passive calling stations with a couple of loose donkeys who always pushed the turn if they didn't get resistance on the flop. I made about $350 in two hours of play (without rebuying above the $50) there by just playing pairs and waiting for the lag's to push when I made a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO,

Everyone can agree the structure sucks, but the Luxor is a quick stop to pick up a few hundred. The players are awful and there's rarely a wait for a seat. The Luxor is quick to open tables; they usually open shorthanded. The games are often short handed too as the stiffs keep busting out.

Just pass the time waiting for decent hands by watching the never ending circus walk past the rail.

I don't really care for NL Hold Em, but I always make a brief stop at the Luxor when on vacation. And if you think the NL structure is bad, take a look at their tournament structures....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM

They will make it a regular 1/2 game if the table is 6-handed or less. Sometimes, they'll forget to put it back to 1/1/2 when the table fills back up.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Its a good place to practice your short stack NL game. It is also pretty darn profitable if the other players try to play their standard NL game and fail to adjust for the short stacks.

Short Stack NL can be boring, so if you would rather play with deep stacks, then you should play at a different place.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That about mirrors my experience. How could this be bad? Far fewer that 1% of the population make $175 an hour.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 AM

Being that I saw this thread and was tired of playing online, I managed to scramble up $50 and head up to the Luxor.

4 hours later and +$370, I headed home.
Hit quad 2's and won an extra $20 because it was a high hand jackpot.

I enjoyed the game. When I left, there was only one other person over $100
Old 03-02-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....I made about $350 in two hours of play (without rebuying above the $50) there by just playing pairs and waiting for the lag's to push when I made a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

That about mirrors my experience...

[/ QUOTE ]
Youze guys apparently flop sets a lot more often than I do. I usually get a pair about once in 17 hands, and sure feels like less than one in eight times do I hit the flop. Maybe it's just unlucky me, but I tend to flop a set about once in 150 hands. Playing 35 hands per hour that means I'm hitting that set about every 4 or 5 hours. I actually played 12 hours yesterday and didn't flop a single set. Guess I just suck at this game.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:59 AM

ive played this game a decent amount of time as im a poor kid.....it is like free money. if there is another person at the table who has any real clue of how to play i am disappointed.