Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Default LC: PCA Steps and Optimal times for play

I played the 500fpp freeroll at the 1st step the other day and won a couple of these now I'm getting up to the stage where the buy-in of a step is much higher than I usually play, I don't have notes on these players so I don't know who's who except a few randoms.

To optimise my expectation when do you guys think I should play? Obv. on the weekend but particular time? I'm in Australia FWIW.

Also how would they compare in difficulty to the similiar levels in terms of buy-ins to the SNG's?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: LC: PCA Steps and Optimal times for play

They should be much easier than an equal level direct buy only, mainly because more players like yourself will be playing way over their normal buyin. Just expect sharks to be direct buying into the game because it is easier, so be on the lookout. No idea about best times though.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM

I was wondering if it would be better to hold off on playing for a couple of weeks until some of the sharks have gotten there seats. As i;m pretty sure you can only qualify for one seat.

i'm up to level 4, lol its been pretty easy up until now, but the variance in SNG's disgusts me at times so meh.

I saw bigjoe playing these the other day and opted not to play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 AM

Pick some where you don't see a lot of big names. It's going to be next to impossible to play them with 8 guys you don't recognize, but they 4s fill up fast enough to allow you to pick and choose which one you want to play in.