Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: torre \"officially\" managing for his job (again)?

the biggest bonus for staying in NY, is arod's legacy. geez, can you imagine him breaking ruth's and barry's records at the NEW stadium? the house that ARod built.

i think he absolutely signs an extension, and he won't be throwing away very much (if any) money by doing so.

he has even said previously (several years ago) that he might play out the current contract and retire. now, i don't think he'll retire at 34 and 650 homers, but he's definitely not chasing that last 25 million for his 39/40yo seasons.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 AM

The reason for him to stay in NY is because it is still probably his best chance to win a WS.
He's going to get big money wherever he goes.
Getting huge money vs. huger money isn't that big a deal. He's already got some serious dough.

He wants a freaking WS. And he would like to feel good about where he is in general. And the whole anti-ARod stuff in NY because he supposedly even clutch even immediately following a pretty spectacular season has to end up leaving a guy feeling a tad bitter about the fans/city but it's pretty difficult for an outsider to have any idea how it feels to play in front of millions of fans who go back and forth on whether they love him or think he sucks as they seem to do much of the time.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 AM

Arod will leave if the Yankees lose this series. 100%. If Arod wants a WS, he will stay in NYY. But i don't think he wants it that badly. Plus, would you really want to stay somewhere where half the people hate you because you [censored] up 3-6 games a year? I wouldn't. Give me the 50+ million extra.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 AM

I would think he would leave less because of the money and more to be less-hated by his own freakin fans for really ridiculous reasons.
Wherever he goes the line-up won't be supporting him as much but with some of the NY burden off of him I can only wonder if he'll put up even more insane numbers.
I definitely think his overall contentment at a fresh-start and new situation and just generally the enthusiasm of a new team and market thrilled to death to have him could really bolster his spirits and potentially lead to a huge season.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 AM

I still think the Angels are as likely a destination as any.

Another thought; if he goes to the Cubs, he could become the guy who broke the curse of the goat. That's a pretty massive legacy to dream about.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Arod will leave if the Yankees lose this series. 100%. If Arod wants a WS, he will stay in NYY. But i don't think he wants it that badly. Plus, would you really want to stay somewhere where half the people hate you because you [censored] up 3-6 games a year? I wouldn't. Give me the 50+ million extra.

[/ QUOTE ]

well there are a lot of retarded fans in New York, not sure he should care what a bunch of idiots think