Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Alfonse D\'Amato just on Fox News....live

he didn't say a word about poker. Wahooo.

Said Fred Thompson was the type of president we needed.

Someone wake me up when this issue becomes something our country gives a rip about.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Alfonse D\'Amato just on Fox News....live

Good to see the PPA's chairman is publicly pushing a guy who will be hostile to our interests.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good to see the PPA's chairman is publicly pushing a guy who will be hostile to our interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than a hire do we know he's against our interests? Thompson that is.

D$D
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he didn't say a word about poker. Wahooo.

Said Fred Thompson was the type of president we needed.

Someone wake me up when this issue becomes something our country gives a rip about.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, we're probably better off if most of the country forgets about this issue.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM

Of course he did not say a word about poker. Al and Fred are old friends, and whats a little thing like a cause your supposed to feel deeply about (and get paid a lot of money to promote) amongst old friends?

If Thompson were to say anything even remotely favorable about poker his potential vote base (southern christian conservatives) would go ballistic.

But Thompson is far more actor than politician and far from the brightest bulb even among the republicans, so I rate his chances at the nomination as poor, and his chances in the general election as slightly above zero.

Skallagrim
Old 09-06-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course he did not say a word about poker. Al and Fred are old friends, and whats a little thing like a cause your supposed to feel deeply about (and get paid a lot of money to promote) amongst old friends?

If Thompson were to say anything even remotely favorable about poker his potential vote base (southern christian conservatives) would go ballistic.

But Thompson is far more actor than politician and far from the brightest bulb even among the republicans, so I rate his chances at the nomination as poor, and his chances in the general election as slightly above zero.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you were at the debate last night Skall?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:22 PM

No legislurker, not last night.

But I assure you that being a registered independent NH voter will come in useful some point between now and January (maybe December).

Aside from R. Paul, however, I think the Republican candidates positions on Internet poker are known and negative - the only one I want to ask directly still is Guiliani, and that primarily to confirm my opinion of him as an authoritarian statist (which will hopefully cost him votes).

I do intend to ask all the Democrats an online poker question.

But Primary Season is just starting up, so if any of you want, give me a candidates name and a poker related question to ask and I will do my best to corner them the next time they are in my neck of NH.

And no, I will not in any way suggest that I represent or have the support of 2+2 when I ask [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Skallagrim
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than a hire do we know he's against our interests? Thompson that is.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

I briefly caught a show (Charlie Rose) on PBS last night after the debate. Bill Frist was on as a guest and he basically said he was backing Fred Thompson. It was late and I don't recall much of the content of the show, but Frist was all gung-ho about Thompson. I don't know much about Thompson, but that doesn't sound good to me.

Anyone know more about this?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No legislurker, not last night.

But I assure you that being a registered independent NH voter will come in useful some point between now and January (maybe December).

Aside from R. Paul, however, I think the Republican candidates positions on Internet poker are known and negative - the only one I want to ask directly still is Guiliani, and that primarily to confirm my opinion of him as an authoritarian statist (which will hopefully cost him votes).

I do intend to ask all the Democrats an online poker question.

But Primary Season is just starting up, so if any of you want, give me a candidates name and a poker related question to ask and I will do my best to corner them the next time they are in my neck of NH.

And no, I will not in any way suggest that I represent or have the support of 2+2 when I ask [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Im suprised about the debate last night, RP actually had people cheering for him during his Iraq exchange with Huckabee. Most of the [censored] cheered for Huckabee, but at least some people were with him.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Im suprised about the debate last night, RP actually had people cheering for him during his Iraq exchange with Huckabee. Most of the [censored] cheered for Huckabee, but at least some people were with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

......and despite hanity's bashing, Ron Paul wins yet another debate.