Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Default My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

WARNING - If you don't care about my poker story, scroll down to the <font color="red"> OFFER SECTION. </font>

So here it is. A lot of you know my story, my background, how i got started...but for those that don't: here ya go!

I started playing poker around the Moneymaker era, obviously. I was the kid who played with his friends for $5, won the money every time, and would take the money and buy beer with it. My first semester of school, i had won $650 JUST from these small $5-$20 games that we played. However, i was losing money online.

I had never heard of 2p2 at the time. I had never read a Sklansky book. I had never heard of bankroll management. I would deposit $50. Play a $22 SNG. Lose. Throw something. Rinse and repeat. This went on until i lost ~$500. Then, i found 2p2. MY LIFE TOOK A COMPLETE TURN FORTHE BETTER.

A few weeks after discovering this site, i luckboxed my way into winning a $5rebuy on party for $3600. Exactly one week later, i won it again for $5200. Two and four days later, i final tabled it for $1300 and $1100. I had finally built a bankroll.

Then i came across SNGs. Bleh. I would read everything in this forum daily. Gigabet would post some ridiculous article talking about WHOTHEFUCKKNOWS and i would pretend like i understood it. I was gonna be the next big thing!! Fast forward to last year. I worked my way up to the $55s with a $4500 roll. I just failed a class and got a D in another one. I PROCEEDED TO GET HAMMERED. "2+2 STTF ATM" - For those people who benefited from my drunken 1/2 2p2 shenanigans...you're welcome. I drunkenly gave away $1800. WTF. I WAS SOOOO UPSET. Never before had i lost so much money and i felt like a complete waste of life.

Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

My results: Party:

200NL: 48k hands - 7.12bb/100
400NL: 43k hands - 6.4bb/100
600NL: 26k hands - 7.2bb/100

Stars:

400NL: 20k hands - 9.6bb/100
600NL: 53k hands - 4.7bb/100

So thats me. I want to thank everyone that i have talked to for helping me improve my game. Anyone that i talk to on AIM and EVERYONE that i talked to in Vegas - you guys have helped me grow as a player more than i ever could have myself.

Personal shoutouts: I don't like to make these because i always leave someone out, and while SOOOO MANY people contributed to my success, i'd like to thank Luke (IWEARGOGGLES), Travis (TravestyFund), and of course McShove for being there from the start. And I remember when we were all playing the $33s with sooo little money to our names. Now you guys are big time ballas and im trying to follow in your footsteps. Also bones and bigt were there. And all the canadian guys. And the SIHB, if it werent for you guys, who would i look up to?!?! And everyone one else...

So thats that. Now, for the real reason i started this thread.

<font color="red"> THE OFFER </font>

I'm starting a program for two lucky people (one of which has already been chosen). I will coach/stake this for 100NL and in turn, i will take 70% of their earnings over a MINIMUM of 35k hands.

Yes, i am taking a large portion of the winnings, but since i am taking the ENTIRE risk and giving you "free" coaching, i feel this number is more than fair. (I've heard taking 100% of profts is standard in this situation for a period of time, but im in a giving mood these days)

Example: Over 35k hands, you win at 5ptbb/100 (which, if you arent running like complete [censored], you had better be doing)

You are making $.10 per hand * 35k hands = $3500. I take 70% of this which = 2450 + the initial stake. You are left with $1050 which is now YOUR money.

Now, you have the option to continue being staked after 35k hands if you have not built a big enough roll to be on your own. I have the ability to opt out for ANY REASON i see fit throughout the entire process (tho unlikely to occur).

What I'm looking for:

- I want a small stakes player.
- Someone who has proven that they really want to learn.
- Someone who i can TRUST. (Have at least 3 2p2ers who would vouch for you)
- Someone who is willing to play AT LEAST 6 tables (more as you get a grasp of the game)

Futuredoc is my first student. I met him in Vegas, so i know he is 100% legit. He sounds excited to start, so i hope to begin this ASAP.

Please post your applications here:

Don't PM them. It makes it harder to compare people.

Please provide:

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
- Current bankroll:
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

If i think of anything else, i will update you!

GL at the tables,
Jason
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

Make it 3/6, and I'm in!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIPPING $18K YOUR WAY AS WE SPEAK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey wait, you still need someone for 100NL?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIPPING $18K YOUR WAY AS WE SPEAK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only need $18k to play 600NL? [censored], make it 1000NL then.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM

InveraryHick (3:23:33 PM): one thing u didn't mention much in the thread...what is the extent of the coaching?

Good point. The coaching will initially consist of a 20-25 minute converstation to build some confidence and so i can give you the basic strategy to beat the games. From there, i will sweat you for 20-30 minutes, while you 2-4 table. We will discuss all/any hands you have trouble with.

I will always be available on AIM. Every time you have a hand that you think could have been played differently, copy it into a notepad and send it to me at the end of the session.

I do this with a lot of players now, such as schwza, devinlake, eagles, inyaface, soon2b, and MANY others. It is probably the single best way to improve your game. IMO, i think it has helped me more than playing 200k hands of poker. The discussions in themselves are priceless.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:31 PM

I guess people who can only 4 table are out?

I guess I could minimize the tables at Poker Stars and get 6 on there.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Pretty cool offer.

I'm pretty sure I'm not what you're looking for since I have probably 50-60k hands at NL200/400 but since I'm not beating NL400 for much at the moment (small sample, 30kish hands so who really knows how I'm doing) I'll toss this out there anyway...

1. 23 years old

2a. 9 and 2 man SNGs, maybe 3kish total, up to $60s consistently
2b. MTTs, not many
2c. Fixed limit HE and PLO, maybe 2k hands total up to 3/6 and PL100 respectively
2d. NLHE ring, probably 100-150k hands up to NL400

3. 8-tabling 6max (I'd prefer to not play more than 6, but ok I could probably handle 8 if I had to).

4. I have about $6k online at the moment with access to more offline if needed for some reason.

5. I wouldn't need a stake, but I would still split profits up to a percentage. Basically I'd be looking for someone to help me plug leaks and also someone to talk theory with about various situations beyond beginner's level.

I know it's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I figured what the hell. And fwiw, several guys could vouch for me being trustworthy including Futuredoc.

edit - Assuming you're looking for a different kind of student, I'd love to add you on AIM to talk theory with or discuss hands. You can shoot me a PM if you want, or if you hate me deep down inside and I don't get a PM I won't be mad. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

edit 2 - to preempt people saying "6k is not sufficient for NL400", I know. I'm playing much lower at the moment while I work on some ideas / rebuild from a recent, large downswing.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess people who can only 4 table are out?

I guess I could minimize the tables at Poker Stars and get 6 on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer someone who can 6 table because the hands will add up quicker and get you off on your own roll in a more timely matter.

My roommate 6tables on one monitor and never has any problem. It should be doable.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:43 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker:
I started out with 1/2 Limit HE and after breaking even for 2 months I gave it up. Then I started playing SNGs at party poker and after breaking even for 2 months I gave that up. Break for 2 months where I did a lot of reading on 2+2. Moved to a softer site and seem to be doing quite well so far. December I moved up to a mix of $11 and $15 which I 8-table.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
To start with no more than 4.

- Current bankroll:
$2000ish

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:
Learning as much as possible and make you proud [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I cant think of anyone who would vouch for me though since I dont really know any 2+2 from real life.