Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
 is offline

Default 2-7 TD: Starting with rough draws

Gathered a few questions regarding 2-7 triple draw. So far I think I might have underestimated the benefits of drawing clean, starting hands such as 256, 2x78 has caused me some headaches.

Do I give up value folding 256 UTG against aggressive semi-competent opponents who likes to isolate?

You open 2578 from UTG and CO and Button calls. Does it matter (much) if you draw one or two to this hand if CO and Button both start with clean 2 card draws and plays semi-descent post draw?

PokerStars has a stat for "Pots won if drawing", I have checked it out for few of my latest (losing) sessions and it has been in the 19-22% range, which seems ridiculously low considering most pots are played HU or 3-way. Even when running good it is often way lower than I would imagine, played a shorthanded session earlier today with a 35% win pct if drawing. Is this normal?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: 2-7 TD: Starting with rough draws

I have just started playing this game so in part I'd like to get thoughts on my suggestions.

I would first suggest reading Lowball Guru's Beginners Guide which I think is a bit clearer than Negreanu's SS2 chapter.

[ QUOTE ]
Gathered a few questions regarding 2-7 triple draw. So far I think I might have underestimated the benefits of drawing clean, starting hands such as 256, 2x78 has caused me some headaches.

Do I give up value folding 256 UTG against aggressive semi-competent opponents who likes to isolate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold 256 out of position for a raise but play it in late position, mostly because of the risk of making str8s.

[ QUOTE ]

You open 2578 from UTG and CO and Button calls. Does it matter (much) if you draw one or two to this hand if CO and Button both start with clean 2 card draws and plays semi-descent post draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of position I would draw 2 to 257 as its going to be difficult to play
a rough 8.