Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Rafi Amit

He is howsitfeellike on FT, he's a very good PLO, Omaha8 and even deuce to seven player. I've seen him play on FT a lot in the past, he always seemed to sit short stacked in games. I would consider him a much stronger player live then online.

Ace
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is howsitfeellike on FT, he's a very good PLO, Omaha8 and even deuce to seven player. I've seen him play on FT a lot in the past, he always seemed to sit short stacked in games. I would consider him a much stronger player live then online.

Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had it confirmed that he hasn't done well on ftp but kills it live. He played the big NL/PLO mix this wsop and did very well.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:06 AM

He murderized the Stars PLO games back when they were the big games and the mega-PLO didn't exist. So he was definately a world class online player.

gl

bdd
Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 AM

The first story is obviously wrong. He should be remembered cause he got a 10 minute penalty while playing HU for a bracelet. Such a ridic rule.

I don't think he's beating the FT nosebleed stakes, but from all I've heard, he's a super tough live player. And he's from Israel too.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 AM

Well, considering he was playing the biggest cash game Vegas has ever spread (1k, 2k, 4k PLO/NLHE) during tournament time. I'm sure he is in the top tier of poker pros.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 AM

Also, besides winning the 2005 10k PLO bracelet, he final tabled the same event in 2006, and was unable to play in it in 2007 because he was too busy winning the 2-7 triple draw bracelet that day.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM

The guy has two WSOP bracelets and multiple final tables. He's both a great tourney player and cash game player. Very under-rated in the eyes of the general poker population.

Yea first story is partially wrong. He did get the penalty but it was when he was heads up against Vinny Vihn. He obv. made complete fun of him saying things along the lines of "well I guess now ur the best player left in the field" etc. which is pretty understandable considering getting a penalty for saying the F word at that stage is kinda lame IMO (def. deserved a warning there).

Rafi kills PLO cash games. He's a strong NL player, and plays live mix games comfortably pretty much at any stake.

He's a real sharp cat who loves to test people's limits with his quirky humour. He's only in the states as long as his visa allows him, otherwise he's in israel, thailand, australia or hanging out in some other part of the world.

-ed
Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, besides winning the 2005 10k PLO bracelet, he final tabled the same event in 2006, and was unable to play in it in 2007 because he was too busy winning the 2-7 triple draw bracelet that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. He did play it, while also at the final table of the 2-7. At one point, when HU for the bracelet, they gave the players a short break, and Rafi ran over to his stack in the 10K PLO, found AAxy, go it all-in, doubled up, and ran to the bathroom before returning to win the bracelet. Sicko.

And after playing with him for significant periods of time in a few events this year, I can attest that he is a very skilled poker player.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)