Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Default AQo facing a reraise...

Stats for CO 32/27.9/3 he raises alot. I knew for sure that MP wouldn't fold. MP cold calls alot and is not very agressive. when MP doesn't hit he checks it out or makes loose calls against a bet.

Question: fold, call or 3-bet preflop.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $21.95
BB: $47.15
Hero (UTG): $35.70
MP: $27.48
CO: $26.04
BTN: $23.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.00</font>,<font color="red">Hero...</font>
Old 07-25-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: AQo facing a reraise...

I'm folding. AQo facing a re-raise out of position is not my idea of a good situation.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 AM

With read dismiss MP for now. Villian is isolating, he does not look like a donk at all. His stats are the toughest to have on the left side of us. His raise here, if unusal(the amount), Easy Fold. AQs, maybe a call. Still a fold probably.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM

Against a guy who raises 27% of the time and a loose (and bad?) player I certainly am not folding here.

I might just call in hopes that MP comes along. It might decrease my chances of winning this pot, but probably increases the amount of $ won (if he is as bad as he seems).

I don't really like 4-betting because we really only like to see two folds (and that means we were ahead anyway). In position I'd be more inclined to 4-bet.

How often has villain 3-bet? Are most of his raises open raises only?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Villain is far to Lag to fold AQo to a very possible 3 bet squeeze...I like a 4 bet to $9..I do not like calling with MP likely to call also...

How often as he been 3 betting??? Have you played back at him yet????
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM

I don't really like 4-betting because we really only like to see two folds (and that means we were ahead anyway). In position I'd be more inclined to 4-bet.

Please elaborate your thoughts here!!!

OOP I am more likely to 4 bet..IP I can use position to my advantage post flop..

Having both villains fold PF is the perfect result of a 4 bet..Playing AQo post flop OOP vs multiple villains can be very difficult..When we miss the flop an aggro villain C-bet we will be forced to fold our hand which will still often be best..OR if we had the initiative villain would be forced to hit his hand and most likely have to fold to our C-bet...
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM

Call and play a 3-way pot. Nothing wrong with seeing a flop. CO is likely isolating wide here if MP never folds.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate your thoughts here!!!

OOP I am more likely to 4 bet..IP I can use position to my advantage post flop..

Having both villains fold PF is the perfect result of a 4 bet..Playing AQo post flop OOP vs multiple villains can be very difficult..When we miss the flop an aggro villain C-bet we will be forced to fold our hand which will still often be best..OR if we had the initiative villain would be forced to hit his hand and most likely have to fold to our C-bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

Maybe it is better to 4-bet PF. My only concern with 4-betting PF is that we have 3 likely results:

1) MP folds and CO calls. Now what do we do?

2) MP folds and CO shoves (I forgot how deep we are, so he may just raise) we hate it but we probably have to fold.

3) MP folds and CO folds. This is a great result however we were very likely a favorite over CO's hand.

So IMO, 4-betting is never for value because we won't likely get called by a worse hand PF (although we might). It costs us $ when CO shoves, we bloat the pot OOP when CO calls, and when he folds we let him fold a hand we would have liked to have played against.

Anyhow, that being said, I agree that playing an "already large" pot OOP 3-handed with AQ isn't fantastic either.

So maybe 4-betting and being happy when everyone folds or CO shoves is best.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:12 PM

from the 27%preflop raise 9% were 1st in raises so he 3bets often. And the times I played back at him where when he was in the blinds and I in the CO or on the BTN. Most of the times reraising him preflop and when he made a call he often donked the flop and I reraised him.
The only problem in this situation was that I was sure MP wouldn't fold.
so I had to choose between folding or 4betting... and indeed as sherman points out the CO could shove. I really had a tough decision here in my opinion. But what KEW says about 4betting IP or OOP makes a lot of sence and I totaly agree with it.
After evaluating this hand in combination with the game the villains played I totaly agree 4betting would be the best option. Thanks guys this is really helpful [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

is 4betting it to 2.5 or 3 times the raised amount good?