Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 AM

Default QQ against LAG

I haven't played long at this table and the stats for villain is 40/20/1.7. But mainly his play showed me he is a LAG player.

What would be the best play on the flop after the reraise against a LAG in this situation...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($44.38)
UTG ($15.82)
MP ($26.02)
CO ($32.91)
Hero ($27.77)
SB ($19.49)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>,BB raises to $4.50
Hero...

Final Pot: $8.35
Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: QQ against LAG

I take it BB checkraised you on the flop? In that case, I would probably call and reevaluate on the turn based on what fell and how much Villain bet. (At the moment, you aren't, for instance, much of a favorite versus AhXx. But if you let him fire again on the turn and then push then, you'll be a bigger favorite.)

If you really are out of position, for some reason, I think I'd go ahead and 3-bet to about $10-12. Since this practically commits you anyway (and also leaves you with a trivial turn bet compared to the pot size), simply pushing is also an option (among other things, you want Villain to fold AhXx).

Pushing is also an option in position, but I don't think a regular raise shows as much strength as a checkraise. (However, that may not be so true against your LAG opponent, who quite possibly has learned by now that his checkraises get some respect.)
Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 AM

Make it ~13 and fold to a push
Old 07-22-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it ~13 and fold to a push

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain is LAG like the OP says (I don't know -- his stats aren't really that LAG, but then again these stats don't take bet sizes into account, among other things), then this is a risky play, since a LAG gambler will push with the naked Ah, which, really, isn't even a bad play.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 AM

I think I agree with Nick. If you are IP then I would call and re-eval on the turn, if it is a blank your equity significantly increases against a FD.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:05 AM

Yes he check raised me on the flop damn hand converter. having trouble with it the whole day!couldn't find an edit button for the post...

The way he played i'm positive that he wouldn't fold AhXx just because he "has a chance"... Even KhXx falls in his range I think.
The reraise as suggested, should I see it as an information raise or for value. Because I'm not realy sure about reraising.maybe a little weak from my side.