Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 7/18

This was my analysis after 2 episodes:

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously very hard to tell with only 2 episodes in the books, but I thought I'd give it a shot:

<u>Top 4</u>

Hung - clearly very competent

Tre - very odd that he seasoned his dish wrong last night... represents alot of variance to me based on that alone

Joey - alot of this is based on his background. His dishes also seemed above-average. Also (and I think I'm in the minority) I kind of like him.

Casey - I withdraw my opinion from E1 thread, she's the hottest on the show. I think she may be pretty talented also at the very least she's spunky and has confidence. Not getting rattled easily is pretty big, imo.

<u>Middle-Of-The-Pack</u>

Dale - think Dids mentioned he reminds him of Sam from S2. I kind of agree with that in his approach, though nerves might be an issue. Could easily slide in Top 4.

Sarah M (cheesemaker) - seems talented though really have not much info on her (except she had worked with Geoduck before). Also could see her moving up.

Brian (seafood sausage) - eh, his presentation seems sloppy, sorta reminds me of Dave from S1 (guessing flavors are strong and there, execution not the sharpest)

Camille - her restaurant emphasizes simplicity so straightforward execution could keep her around, but she doesn't seem to be that well-rounded.

Sara N (Dids gf) - her bbq dish was pretty whatever imo. Nerves obviously an issue... competent enough but think she's gone soon.

Micah - also represents alot of variance they're portraying her as very talented but a space cadet.

<u>Bottom 3</u>

Lia - her lamb dish from E1 was kind of weak, but she seems to have her head about her, and I think this is pretty key to advancing, hard to tell with her

CJ (tall dude) - bet he does not have the chops to stick around long

Howie - who cuts their meat early? Even I know that will really dry it out. That's retarded I think he might not be very good.

<u>Eliminated</u>

Sandee - kind of robbed last night? I don't know hard to tell, her fake bbq dish sounded delicious to me though.

Clay - wonder why they chose him... just to show that this season's caliber of chef is very high? He definitely felt like a sacrificial lamb type choice.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at that list, Casey has disappointed (primarily due to lack of hot tub scene), and obviously I was way off on Howie.

Also thought Sara N. should've gotten the boot tonight.

Ranking Through 5 Episodes:

<u>Top 4</u>
Tre - always a contender, had momentary bbq stumble, been strong ever since.
Hung - he's gonna be fine.
Joey - do you guys still hate him as much as you did before? I've always been sort of a fan, and he showed something tonight.
Brian - he's surprised me a bit, very strong I'd say overall.

<u>Middle-Of-The-Pack</u>
Howie - he's so due for a meltdown (again), so can't put the guy in Top 4.
Dale - think he's got it in him to pull off a nice comeback, still around despite 2 mediocore showings.
Sarah M (cheesemaker) - who knows, she doesn't suck I guess.

<u>Bottom 3</u>
Casey - only hot chick left plz keep her around.
CJ - he represents alot of variance can't tell, seems talented could make a push up.
Sara N - zzzzzzz so boring.

<u>Eliminated</u>
Lia
Camille
Micah
Sandee
Clay

-Al