Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculously awful post.

First of all, this rule does not exist online. It has been stated tons of times by Lee Jones in e-mails and posts on 2p2. So get off your high horse.

Secondly, you have no [censored] clue what happened in that tournament, and definitely don't have the right to accuse someone of doing something when you have no evidence to support it. It's things like this that hurt peoples reputations, and this isn't even a rumor, it's 100% pure speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Gobboboy stakes Mlagoo.
2. Mlagoo realizes gobboboy is a superior MTT player
3. Gobboboy has vested interest (see #1.)
4. You actually think gobboboy isn't going to tell mlagoo what to do/give advice because of ethics? HELL NO. (people like winning money not losing $) Gobbo essentially multiaccounted to some sense, but its completely within the rules.

Also, another random thought of mine. I think buying someone's account deep is WORSE from a player's perspective than multiaccounting. For example. 3tables left in the million. Odds are I'm head and shoulders better than everyone else left in the field. Jeff buys "randomdonkeyidiot1123" account immediately to my left. That essentially cost me tens of thosuands of dollars of expectation. Whereas if Jeff just multiaccounted 2 accounts, odds are he busts them both before the money even hits and I don't feel the effect close to as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying any of the above are not true.

What I'm saying is, I'm not going to stand by and let people completely speculate as to whether people were cheating in some way during a tournament. The speculation would never end. All of us have AIM. We could speculate that every single major win by a 2p2'r over the past 3 years has been tainted. That's not what this forum is for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure every single major win by a 2p2'r over the past 3 years has been 'tainted.' That is if you view 'tainted' as breaking the 1player to a hand rule.

I am arguing the opposite and think that all these sketchy gray areas of online poker are just part of the game and there is nothing you can do to stop people from staking n giving advice/swapping %s/selling accounts/swapping accounts so there is no point in complaining about it.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last response to these clown like posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see it as clown like, or you can see it as genuine advice from people who have been in similar situations and solved it. You are looking to get the feeling that you have done yours and to get the feeling that you aren't to blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got any idea what you're saying? Similar situations? I bet.

When I made this post I was "LOOKING" to let "aggromttpro193242" know that I was tired of running into him multiple times in a given Sunday major, and that its gotten to the point where I don't want to put up with it anymore, and that there is a real risk that they get ratted out if they don't cut the [censored] out. I was looking to actually let the multi-accounters know that the poker community as a whole views this as an unethical practice tantamount to cheating.

This ain't no [censored] ego boost, and this ain't about you. I'm a selfish [censored] and I don't care if every table you sit at has 8 multi accounting pros and they tear your ass to pieces. This is about me, my expectation, and my HSMTT peers, and us being real about this issue. So you can take your morals and obligations and shove em up your azz, cuz u got no authority here, no experience with "similar situations" and clearly not much knowledge on the subject or situation.

and thats that 4 me, enjoy

GIFAFI

edit- o and it aint even as simple as just giving names. Even if I went nuts and put life and limb at risk to narc on a ton of people, you realize THERE IS NO PROOF. These are real people with different IPs, addresses, etc. It just isn't gonna work dude, and it ain't worth it, especially for me. It wouldn't be right. That's not how this thing is gonna end. People just have to know its wrong and unacceptable and won't be tolerated among their peers any longer.

-Jeff
Old 07-07-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this rule does not exist online. It has been stated tons of times by Lee Jones in e-mails and posts on 2p2. So get off your high horse.

Secondly, you have no [censored] clue what happened in that tournament, and definitely don't have the right to accuse someone of doing something when you have no evidence to support it. It's things like this that hurt peoples reputations, and this isn't even a rumor, it's 100% pure speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. You actually think gobboboy isn't going to tell mlagoo what to do/give advice because of ethics? HELL NO. (people like winning money not losing $) Gobbo essentially multiaccounted to some sense, but its completely within the rules.

Also, another random thought of mine. I think buying someone's account deep is WORSE from a player's perspective than multiaccounting. For example. 3tables left in the million. Odds are I'm head and shoulders better than everyone else left in the field. Jeff buys "randomdonkeyidiot1123" account immediately to my left. That essentially cost me tens of thosuands of dollars of expectation. Whereas if Jeff just multiaccounted 2 accounts, odds are he busts them both before the money even hits and I don't feel the effect close to as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is, I'm not going to stand by and let people completely speculate as to whether people were cheating in some way during a tournament. The speculation would never end. All of us have AIM. We could speculate that every single major win by a 2p2'r over the past 3 years has been tainted. That's not what this forum is for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure every single major win by a 2p2'r over the past 3 years has been 'tainted.' That is if you view 'tainted' as breaking the 1player to a hand rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a rule! It's not! Why do people keep saying it is! Arrrgghhh.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and that its gotten to the point where I don't want to put up with it anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

And not "put up with it anymore" is making a 2+2-thread? Lol. Not putting up with it is saying "stop this now or I will tell your mother who opposes gambling that you play poker" or "The friend of my friend is your boss, do you want him to know how little trustworthy you are?" or something similar. Or the nicer "stop it, or you aren't welcome at further social occasions in vegas", this is often the most effective.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a rule! It's not! Why do people keep saying it is! Arrrgghhh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, its not a rule. Rule's don't matter. I know that its not a rule , I'm not an idiot.

I'll just stake a bunch of idiots to click buttons and fold 37os for me utg. Whenever they get in a hand, they AIM me at stealthmunk "yo what do i do here, i got TT" I obv have the table open. I obv tell them the most profitable way to play this hand and you know what just happened? I MULTIACCOUNTED. I'm an unethical POS and have done this before and I might stop, idk. Especially because all my broke friends love getting free fpps and learning poker from a MTT superstar like myself (not to toot my own horn as this isn't the point of the post) THE SITE'S TOS IS IRRELEVANT. ITS ETHICS.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:29 PM

All,
Jeff made a post about something that is a blatant violation of T&C that costs all of the people following the T&C equity. He asked that people stop voluntary and didn't out anybody.

If you want to talk about some gray areas like buying other people's accounts or some things that are blatantly not against T&C but may be immoral like receiving real-time hand advice from friends, start your own thread, and follow jeff's lead and don't name names--especially when you don't know wtf you're talking about.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,
Jeff made a post about something that is a blatant violation of T&C that costs all of the people following the T&C equity. He asked that people stop voluntary and didn't out anybody.

If you want to talk about some gray areas like buying other people's accounts or some things that are blatantly not against T&C but may be immoral like receiving real-time hand advice from friends, start your own thread, and follow jeff's lead and don't name names--especially when you don't know wtf you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the gray areas definitely belong in this thread as well.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the gray areas definitely belong in this thread as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care if the grey areas are in the thread.

I just don't want people being outed by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really not understand the relationship between operating two poker accounts with your mouse and operating two poker accounts verbally?

To the people de-railing the thread and arguing just for the sake or arguing:

Shut up, you suck