Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Prop Bet Update: ZJ Throws In The Towel

[ QUOTE ]
so you are strictly playing for fame? Nothing wrong with that, but im just wondering what your goals are. If its to land sponsorship deals and become marketable, thats fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has been his motivation since before the scandal broke. I remember about a month b4 the chit hit the fan for him, he started posting in SNG forum a lot(which he had mostly disappeared from previous), and I mentioned to Citanul and others that he was trying to up his profile. While I personally found it disingenuous in the specific case for numerous reasons, in general, it is a very good idea.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update: Howard and I have been exchanging emails. El Diablo has vouched for his character and net worth.

I will be sending the 1k to Howard sometime in the next few days. He will put the 26k in an interest earning account. He will also write a formal letter detailing in what event the money will be turned over to me.

I'll have El Diablo read over the legal mumbo jumbo just to make sure it's all legit.

As of now, it looks like the bet is official.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ has it right: I just sent a draft to both ZJ and El D. In line with ZJ's "just for fun" comments below, I added two terms that ZJ hasn't approved yet. If he wins, I must change my avatar to add the text "ZJ's roar is as a lion's among tiny kittens." If I win, he has to change his to "I bow to the great glory of Howard Treesong."

Of course, he doesn't get 25:1 leverage on these provisions. But I am giving him the best of it on the underlying bet by laying 25 to 1 on what he says is a 4% proposition.

Of course, ZJ, if you don't like the additions, the underlying bet still stands.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I mentioned to Citanul and others that he was trying to up his profile. While I personally found it disingenuous in the specific case for numerous reasons, in general, it is a very good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

That had nothing to do with it. There was so much wasted talent in that forum. What a joke to have people like Jman, Curtains and Raptor discussing $11 sng hands. You had literally the best SNGers in the world in a forum dedicated to small stakes hands. The forum still is terrible to this day because there's no division.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update: Howard and I have been exchanging emails. El Diablo has vouched for his character and net worth.

I will be sending the 1k to Howard sometime in the next few days. He will put the 26k in an interest earning account. He will also write a formal letter detailing in what event the money will be turned over to me.

I'll have El Diablo read over the legal mumbo jumbo just to make sure it's all legit.

As of now, it looks like the bet is official.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ has it right: I just sent a draft to both ZJ and El D. In line with ZJ's "just for fun" comments below, I added two terms that ZJ hasn't approved yet. If he wins, I must change my avatar to add the text "ZJ's roar is as a lion's among tiny kittens." If I win, he has to change his to "I bow to the great glory of Howard Treesong."

Of course, he doesn't get 25:1 leverage on these provisions. But I am giving him the best of it on the underlying bet by laying 25 to 1 on what he says is a 4% proposition.

Of course, ZJ, if you don't like the additions, the underlying bet still stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I plan on losing this bet, so I'll pass on the extra provisions.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you are strictly playing for fame? Nothing wrong with that, but im just wondering what your goals are. If its to land sponsorship deals and become marketable, thats fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to think I'm very marketable, so the extra value from that is worth a lot to me.

If all I cared about was money, I would either quit poker, or dedicate myself to cash games.

I'm not strictly playing for fame, although I definitely embrace the possibilities.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:47 AM

"If all I cared about was money, I would either quit poker, or dedicate myself to cash games."

can you please expand on why these two options would be higher EV for you?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to think I'm very marketable

[/ QUOTE ]

This was probably true a year ago.

Scott
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If all I cared about was money, I would either quit poker, or dedicate myself to cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part about quitting entirely is an interesting observation. I can't decide if it's hubris or realism because the distinction depends on your individual circumstances. What's your alternative and over what time-frame is your thinking in this respect?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:54 AM

why are you ripping into Justin on this topic? its his life and he can do whatever he wants with it, he is one of the top players in the world and if he makes a decision who are you to question him on it? he has given so much back to this forum, ur an idiot like hellmuth
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZJ has it right: I just sent a draft to both ZJ and El D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good to me. Waiting for El Diablo to give me the OK! Points 6 and 7 will need to be taken out though ;p

I'll print this out and sign it and mail it along with the check when El Diablo gives me the green light.