Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: How is this an autocall?

Thanks,

I was serious... I do understand putting them on a range of hands... but honestly the guy is probably pushing AT LEAST 70% of the time in this situation... so calling with T6s is correct... no
Old 10-15-2006, 08:39 PM

Well he pushed with q5 meaning hes pushing at least 60% Dunno if he's pushing wider than that.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jared,

Good post. Anything that gets everyone debating like this is good for this forum. You'll learn a lot by listening to all these guys. I know I have, of course I don't use ICM like these guys do. But maybe some day I'll look at things differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use ICM as much as I can. I meant that I don't use it as well as they do. There are many times when I know that something is +EV and I don't pull the trigger. Large leak.....I know. I still look at things from an old school poker play vs a math play.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:54 PM

I think this a great time to bring this up...

If you play lower levels, passing on +EV ICM pushes can sometimes be even more +EV because of the large edge you have on the field to begin with, i.e. a greater understanding of the game. This is one of the most important things I've learned in the past few months, and I would love to discuss it with some other low/high limit players.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jared,

Good post. Anything that gets everyone debating like this is good for this forum. You'll learn a lot by listening to all these guys. I know I have, of course I don't use ICM like these guys do. But maybe some day I'll look at things differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use ICM as much as I can. I meant that I don't use it as well as they do. There are many times when I know that something is +EV and I don't pull the trigger. Large leak.....I know. I still look at things from an old school poker play vs a math play.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i apologize then i thought you were saying that b/c you dont believe in it and had a better way.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:44 PM

I also believe this to be true. I only play 3-4 at a time so I usually have reads which allows me from making pure % plays. You should probably post it in a new thread to get everyones opinion on it.