Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 AM

Default 50NL: Interesting hand SSNL may appreciate

This should go in micro, most likely, but the hand has a few interesting concepts (at least to me), and the input here is probably gonna be better. I'll post in micro too:

NL50

UTG, Villain1 ($49.50)
Hero ($66.30)
CO ($25.60)
SB ($43.00)
BB, Villain2 ($50.00)

Reads: Villain1 has been at table for 20 minutes, this will only be his second raise in three hands. He has cont. bet a few small pots BUT didn't cont. bet into a three way on a loaded board of K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He thought about it though.

Villain2: Very weak-passive player who's extremely predictable.

Hero: Has been aggro, open raising with good hands, showed down one hand 1010 on a 3 2 9 9 9 board.

Hand: Villain1 raises to $1.75, Hero with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls, Villain3 calls.

Analysis: I don't really want to 3-bet here - I think I take villain1 off his worse hands, I suspect he may be strong here, if an A or K comes up, I think I get value off cont. bets and can rope-a-dope a little.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot $5.50)

BB checks, Villain bets $4, Hero calls 4, BB folds

Question 1: I really didn't want to raise here, if villain comes over the top, I'm in a bad spot. I know Villain2 is still in hand, but I couldn't give a [censored], his play will be nice and predictable. Correct?

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot: $13.50)

Villain checks, Hero bets $6, Villain mini-raises to $13, Hero ?

I bet $6 because I expect Villain to call with Kd or something, think I'm weak, etc. If he goes over the top, I probably call, as this looks like a missed flush now smelling weakness. But he knows I'm aggressive and this mini-raise threw me off. Do I AI here or just call?

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain takes a while and checks, Hero checks behind. If villain pushes, Hero _______ ?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Interesting hand SSNL may appreciate

If he pushed, I would fold. Sick hand to bluff. Minraise is ridiculous. River check is confusing. What the hell did he have? QQ? and ended up being scared of the made flush?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 AM

You're getting way to fancy for 50nl, and making it a lot harder to get value from your hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're getting way to fancy for 50nl, and making it a lot harder to get value from your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I miss value?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I miss value?

[/ QUOTE ]

by misplaying every street starting with pf
Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM

3 betting flop makes this hand much easier to play. Raise flop makes hand easier to play. Bet more on turn. Check behind on river.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:06 PM

You really should just reraise this preflop - if you take it down there, that's ok. If not, at least you have a better idea of what your opponents might have. Of course you'll fold out a lot of worse hands - but that's not always a bad thing. Also raise the flop - again, you will have a much better idea of where you stand. If he pushes over top of you, you can easily fold it. If he calls, you have the initiative in the hand, and with position can decide if you want to bet again on the turn or take a free card. The tiny turn bet is terrible because now if he raises you have no idea if he's strong or if he's just raising because he thinks you're weak. And that's not even mentioning the wonderful pot+implied odds you're offering for Axd. Overall, this is just a badly butchered hand - quit trying to be fancy and slowplay, and just reraise preflop so you know where you stand. Failing that, at least make your bets strong enough to help define your hand, rather than a size that makes you put in even more money because you have to call a retarded mini raise.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM

PF needs threebetting. I don't mind flat-calling flop, I might check behind on turn though, in order to induce a bluff on the river.. Having said that, a diamond is a deathcard for us, so I might bet, call the raise, and check behind on river.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. 3Bet Pre, Raise flop.