Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Default NL25 blind vs blind, flopping an underpair against weak c/bet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($13.90)
SB ($30.30)
Hero ($32.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB calls $1.75.

Turn: ($7) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero posts on 2+2

I have no reads on villain, I'm lying on my bed with my laptop and I have no ptracker here. Villain just sat down.

I think this is an intresting hand to discuss.
Villain c/bets very weak into us, so we likely have the best hand here, thats why I repop it on the flop, but he calls anyway.

It's hard to put him on a range here and with that weak flopbet but the call to my reraise I think he just has some overcards. On the other hand he might have the nuts and bet like an idiot.

Should we bet out here on the turn, extract some value from overs that are calling, and then hope to get a free showdown?
Should we check behind, induce a bluff from hands like AK?

What would be the most +EV move here? And please before you reply, think about it first, don't just do your normal 12-tabling robotic move.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: NL25 blind vs blind, flopping an underpair against weak c/bet

i agree with your read that the weak lead prob means we are ahead and a reraise is worth a try to take the pot down now but after he calls you just have to be done with the hand. it is a small pot, you have no idea where you are in the hand, why get fancy in a meaningless pot when there are so many other places to make money, just seems to be making the game overly complicated. As played check behind turn and fold to river bet.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:13 PM

Without a single read, this hand is more or less impossible to comment on ... it could be anything, timing tells might be very relevant here actually. ... there really isn't much to say here, when it gets very shorthanded like here, general concepts mean less and less and it all comes down to player tendencies.

Which is why most of us bot prefer to play sixhanded ... you don't have to pay close attention and the rake is less brutal.

But when in doubt bet I guess ... betting into people is the only way to get reads and threeahanded you need read fast.

All in all despite us being bots, many of us have good reads and good understanding of poker without having to sink into deep thought and the lack of reads in this hand and trying to force us decide what what a betsize means readless, when different players do the opposite of each other really is kinda meh

So advice here is go with your gut and just rely on instinct til you get some reads and if your instict is blank, then just bet already.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Don't take it too hard with my bot-comment, I don't mind playing sessions of 30tabling Sit n go's myself [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 08:26 PM

I'd bet the turn ~5 and hope for a free showdown. I think a lot of his range is big unpaired cards and by betting you may fold them out and/or fold out a better hand than yours.

I think betting gets your opponent to make the biggest mistake.

Or he could have 76 and be planning to CRAI you, but that's poker. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take it too hard with my bot-comment, I don't mind playing sessions of 30tabling Sit n go's myself [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but sng's you can play utterly perfect pushbot style, cash you can't once it gets fourhanded or less. I'm not pissed at you putting down 'bots'

I'm pissed at you posting so poorly and then stepping up on a high horse and delivering the 'bot' speech. There aren't many bots here in uNL and the few of us that run bot style then to have a good deal of skill, despite many thinking otherwise.

But all in all you post some random hand utterly readless and not even describing the timing in it, and then ask for the holy grail. That is just pathetic. (no personal offence intented, but it really is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-22-2007, 08:33 PM

lol you're right, this hand seems rather useless to comment on without reads [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
didnt ment to sound like the way you described it (stepping up on a high horse means like talking as if you are somewhat more then someone else right?), i just didnt want someone replying with 1 word, was just describing that a bit [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And I play uNL 12tabling myself, I just like to 1-table while lying on my bed every now and then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Actually you can't play sng's perfect bot style, as you need reads on ranges, but the few regs sit at all 30 of your sngs too, so you do get reads on them ... and assuming the usual 23 percent calling range on the unknown is not a big mistake.

Of course knowing with players have done the NE equbrila work in SNGPT and this have dynamic ranges and not static ones is something yo might miss too, but holla !
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 AM

In a blind vs blind battle, i 3bet this spot sometimes with 44 since villain has such a wide range. Obviously it depends on how tight or loose the villain is - if he is a nit then a 3bet is probably not such a good play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]