Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Consumer loyalty, which service companies?

In a competitive industry, are there service companies you use exclusively when there are other options?

The only ones I am loyal to are Jetblue and Pokerstars . When jetblue was an option, I have not flown another airline in 4 years. Played a bunch of other online poker sites, but havent played away from stars in over a year. I believe both these companies are far superior to their competitors in every way.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Consumer loyalty, which service companies?

You say you are "loyal" to jetblue.

Does that mean if you could fly on the same plane for cheaper through a different company with the same reliability and service, you would'nt?

Or is your "loyalty" just a function of jetblue serving your needs best?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Zephyr Hats... they are the best... won't buy anything else.

Expedia... have never had a problem with them in 4 years of travel. They have even made a few "exceptions" for me when I had to make last minute travel changes.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Amazon.com
Old 11-17-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does that mean if you could fly on the same plane for cheaper through a different company with the same reliability and service, you would'nt?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 hr flight would need $30 difference, 2-3 hour-$60-$75, $5hr-$120. However, for the most part JB is usually the lowest or one of the lowest when I fly.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:39 PM

100% Jetblue Havent flown a different domestic airline in at least 8 years
Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe both these companies are far superior to their competitors in every way.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're all probably conversant with the online poker scene, but actually explaining why you're loyal to these companies at the expense of others would make your OP much better than just saying, "Honda is much better than Nissan, lol."
Old 11-17-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe both these companies are far superior to their competitors in every way.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're all probably conversant with the online poker scene, but actually explaining why you're loyal to these companies at the expense of others would make your OP much better than just saying, "Honda is much better than Nissan, lol."

[/ QUOTE ]

I was literal when I wrote "superior in every way".

Jetblue

-Best customer service, not even close
-Most comfortable, roomy coach seats, not even close
-TV, need not say more
-Unlimited snacks
-Mostly ontime (dont know fo sure how it compares)
-Very competitive pricing

With pokerstars also "superior in every way" cept for maybe percentage of fishy players, but vastly outweighed by everything else.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Jetblue here as well. The live tv on cross country flights, plus the seats are good as others have said. I also use the Jetblue Amex cards so between travel and spending I pile up a lot of free flights. The two things I dont like about Jetblue are the availability of free flights, and the fact that you can't search multiple airports at once. Since they fly out of all 3 Bay Area airports it would be great to see all 3 to compare prices and times.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the corporate context, "customer loyalty" doesn't mean that you use a provider out of an emotional bond, even if it's not your best choice. I think it means that you trust the provider to serve your needs best, and as a result are willing to pay a moderate premium to do business with them over another. E.g. people will pay more for a car with the same specs from Toyota because they trust that they will have fewer reliability issues. Toyota's ability to charge a premium price has persisted even as the reliability cap between US and Japanese cars has narrowed greatly.

I work in the banking sector, and a common theme in conversations (both within the bank and with customers) is customers being willing to pay a premium to work with a bank that understands their business and is therefore likely to work constructively with them if problems arise down the road. This is an intangible that doesn't show up in any contract. Of course, this is only worth so much and you still have to be competitive on price, but a loyal customer base does give a company an edge even over and above the traits that caused those customers to become loyal in the first place.