Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He tries to defend his position by mentioning Nat Arem's name, but too bad Nat Arem is not a credible expert in this particular matter of deciding who's guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant point!

Mr. Arem, on the surface at least, seems to have assumed the position of a conduit of information between AP and 2+2.

While I believe that Mr. Arem has no sinister hidden agenda, as you say -- "Nat Arem is not a credible expert in this particular matter of deciding who's guilty."

[/ QUOTE ]

"on the surface". He, Adanthar and Josem have been the main players on twoplustwo right from the start. They have worked extremely hard investigating this situation, spreading the word, and doing all they can to get the truth exposed. I value their opinions and I think they are in fact "credible experts" evne in this particular matter. I challenge you to find more credible experts on this forum.

But hey don't feel left out. You have assumed an important role. The know-it-all.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 AM

'You're retarded, DUCY? "

No IDONTC, GETIT? I "C" how people making good $ don't want to rock the boat...that would be you, yes? I also C how AP is a scam. If You don't C that then guess who is "Retarded". I "C" very well how people who are making a profit right now don't want to rock the boat and I also C that AT LEAST ONE MAJOR POKER SITE IS ROBBING PLAYERS. FWIW I have never played at AP or the other clear robbers UB ect... But hey keep sticking your head in the sand/sucking up, I'm sure it won't turn on you, being such a poker stud. Good Luck.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did anyone ever doubt that Seif accessed the superuser account? How is the fact that a respected high stakes regular strongly suspected it happened vs him long before the concept ever existed not proof enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is either a very very very bad poker player or a cheater, you decide.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:20 AM

Less Mark Seif more AJ Green speculation
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh honestly guys theres not much here, mark seif is a [censored] awkward guy-- he has shifty, bulging eyes when he sits at the poker table, and he doesnt seem like a very social guy so these interviews are probably nerve racking for him.

/end thread

[x] Trainwrecked

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I dont think he came off bad or douchey in the interview. What the [censored] does everyone expect him to say or do? Oh wait, no one really cares, they just want to pile it on and string him up. Carry on with the group think guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you saying any of this...I agree that he was going to be heavily criticized, but that's part of representing a supposedly corrupt organization, while trying to make them seem less so.

Anyways, his comments thanking "the players" as well as the comments about Stars/Tilt were amusing.

Also I believe at one point in the interview he said "management, consults, whatever" or something to that effect.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He tries to defend his position by mentioning Nat Arem's name, but too bad Nat Arem is not a credible expert in this particular matter of deciding who's guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant point!

Mr. Arem, on the surface at least, seems to have assumed the position of a conduit of information between AP and 2+2.

While I believe that Mr. Arem has no sinister hidden agenda, as you say -- "Nat Arem is not a credible expert in this particular matter of deciding who's guilty."

[/ QUOTE ]

"on the surface". He, Adanthar and Josem have been the main players on twoplustwo right from the start. They have worked extremely hard investigating this situation, spreading the word, and doing all they can to get the truth exposed. I value their opinions and I think they are in fact "credible experts" evne in this particular matter. I challenge you to find more credible experts on this forum.

But hey don't feel left out. You have assumed an important role. The know-it-all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not knocking your buds, I am just agreeing with the following point:

"Nat Arem is not a credible expert in this particular matter of deciding who's guilty."

Do you disagree?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 AM

"The real issue is how the company handles it after the fact."

loollolol

... and they ask Mark what to do in certain situations of refunding accounts
Old 10-27-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...but that's part of representing a supposedly corrupt organization, while trying to make them seem less so.

[/ QUOTE ]

No "supposedly" about it.

Absolute Poker committed CRIMES against their own players.

They issued official Absolute Poker press releases denying it.

AFTER diligent work by Nat, Andathar and others produced undeniable evidence of rampant CRIMINAL cheating did they begin to fess up.

Mark Seif is a joke.

His weasley interview won't distract people from the fact that his company engaged in CRIMINAL activity and only 'fessed up after 2p2 caught them.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:01 AM

R*R,

An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

1. Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
2. Person A makes claim C about subject S.
3. Therefore, C is true.

In this case, Person A is Nat Arem, subject S is doing basic investigation work (google/ip address), subject C is deciding whether or not Mark Seif is guilty, which would require some kind of factual proof other than Nat Arem "vouching" for him.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:04 AM

I also think it's hilarious that he seems to be annoyed at Dan Druff throwing accusations at him then he him self goes on to make backhand accusations like "it coulda happened on stars, ftp" etc.
Closed Thread