Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Heroes - 10-29 - Everyone\'s Evil!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm being nitty, or perhaps this is what they were going for, but the picture of Hiro and Kensei has Kensei wearing his samurai gear, IIRC. Basically, if the fight occurs in the 1670s, it would be a bit of an anachronism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samurai culture is prevalent in Japan from about the 9th to the 19th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my point. Isaac paints the future; the future being in the 21st century.

[/ QUOTE ]

He paints the future in the sense of what hasn't happened yet. Since Hiro hasn't gone back yet, it's not the past YET it's the future of the past. I think.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He certainly hasn't displayed any of the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Future Paintings, super human strength (IDK if he had that before. forget)

but basically he doesn't know his powers what he can and can't do but I think its more likely he has all of them and not just some

Which pretty much means he can fly too...

[/ QUOTE ]
Future Painting he got from Isaacs. Super Human Strength he got from Nikki.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea word I forget who he met and didn't meet but he deff can fly!!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm being nitty, or perhaps this is what they were going for, but the picture of Hiro and Kensei has Kensei wearing his samurai gear, IIRC. Basically, if the fight occurs in the 1670s, it would be a bit of an anachronism.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my point. Isaac paints the future; the future being in the 21st century.

[/ QUOTE ]

He paints the future in the sense of what hasn't happened yet. Since Hiro hasn't gone back yet, it's not the past YET it's the future of the past. I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea While its in the past it was "Hiros Future" thus it was still a future.

Like If I send you back in time, tomorrow thats still "the future"

the space time continum should be ripping any minute now
Old 11-01-2007, 10:54 AM

Only if you kiss your past self. Or something.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He certainly hasn't displayed any of the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Future Paintings, super human strength (IDK if he had that before. forget)

but basically he doesn't know his powers what he can and can't do but I think its more likely he has all of them and not just some

Which pretty much means he can fly too...

[/ QUOTE ]
Future Painting he got from Isaacs. Super Human Strength he got from Nikki.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea word I forget who he met and didn't meet but he deff can fly!!

[/ QUOTE ] yes [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That was the first power he learned. Still nothing to suggest he has more abilities of Sylar's than telekinesis.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea While its in the past it was "Hiros Future" thus it was still a future.

Like If I send you back in time, tomorrow thats still "the future"

the space time continum should be ripping any minute now

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, first person is right, its the past not the future if the fight takes place in the samurai era*.

It's just one of those things though, when working with time travel in a story that will always come up. Paradox is inevitable with time travel.

Similarly for example, Hiro leaves notes in the sword for Ando in 1600 or whatever (dont know the year, ill say 1600). Those notes logically must have been there with the 'Ando please read' message during the first season (2007) even Hiro should have been able to read them even though he hadn't experienced writing them yet (because they were written before 2007 LDO).

Yes, in writing them he changed history, but he changed history in 1600 which means it was already changed by 2007. The fact that he hadn't changed things yet during the first season is irrelevant.

For instance: If on Wednesday you see a tree. On Thursday you invent a time machine and go back in time to Tuesday and write your name in the bark of the tree, your name logically must be there for you to see on Wednesday even though it's before you invented the time machine and before, in the linear timeline of your life, you actually wrote it down. Further, if on Wednesday somebody draws a picture of you writing your name on the tree, there can be no question he's drawing the past, because it happened yesterday, regardless of the fact that you haven't personally experienced writing it yet.

The rules might be different if Hiro had made the painting, insofar as it would be "his" future at least even if not the future, but with a third party doing it, its the past not future.

Basically, the thing that is throwing you off if you don't get this is either (i) you are thinking in terms of two timelines instead of one; the second being the narrative of the show, which is totally artificial obv and shouldn't be considered; or (ii) you are thinking of things in terms of two 1600s or two Wednesdays, which isn't really how time works.

*I prefaced this all by saying if the picture depicts the samurai era for good reason, it seems to me that Kensai is the bad guy this year (which has been mentioned before) and he's made it to 2007; which would mean the showdown between the two may very well depict 07/08 in which case it could very well be that Mendez was drawing the future not past and the whole debate it moot.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

KneeCo, was it worth it?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 PM

from John August's blog(this blows...was looking forward more to the Origins series than I was season 2)

Heroes: Origins: Gone

I can confirm that the plug got pulled on the six Heroes: Origins episodes, one of which I was slated to write and direct. The possiblity of a WGA strike1 made NBC hesitant to prep a series they might never be able to shoot.

I had literally just hit “Print” on my revised outline when I got the call from Tim Kring. So, yeah. I’m bummed. But I get it: It was a lot of money to spend in a very uncertain time. And if the labor situation resolves in an orderly fashion, the series could find itself out of the deep freeze for next season.2

In case we never get to shoot it, my episode is/was called “Rehab.” Not everyone is good with their powers. Not everyone is good, period.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Peter's powers
-------
Flight
Precognition
Manipulation of the space-time continuum
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Invisibility
Radiation manipulation
Superhuman strength
Phasing
Electric manipulation

Power's he might have took from Sylar
-----
Eidetic memory
Liquefaction
Enhanced hearing

He should also be able to talk to PC's (Micah) and find people anywhere (Molly) (They were right next to DL, and Peter has DL's power, so...)
Old 11-01-2007, 03:47 PM

And I just read Origins is on hold, it could come back if the strike is averted/a quick strike and if ratings improve if that's part of the hold