Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Heroes - 10-29 - Everyone\'s Evil!

Anybody have any theories regarding flying-boy's avoidance of the parental question? He seems not only impendingly evil, but guandianless as well.

Over all, great episode. I no longer feel embarrassed for having watched all the episodes till now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When Mohinder had the shot to MuscleMemory Girl's arm, I found myself saying "Do it. Do it. Do it." And yet she survives to act poorly in future episodes.

I'm still hoping Sylar wants the ability to flip burgers, and slices the head off the other cashier.

edit: And regarding Haitian vs Memory Waitress, perfect recall doesn't help with erased memories.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM

Fears of a writers strike may have already contributed to a decision NBC made Wednesday to pull the highly anticipated spinoff miniseries of its hit "Heroes" from a midseason launch.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Am I alone in the fact that I am really struggling with this show at the moment. Most posters are saying that this recent episode was a return to form but I don't see it. I loved this show and was a full blown apologist for the disaster that was the season one finale. But man, I don't need much to hang on but I'm not feeling it at all.

At the end of last season they finally pulled all the heroes together. I was hoping that this season would continue from there with the lot of them fighting evil together. Instead they dispersed them again. This Claire and her boyfriend plot line is uberlame as is the whole Nathan/Parkman thing. And Hiro in the past is terrible. Suresh, who, I hated last year, seems to have the best storyline at the moment.

Last season was weak for 4 or 5 episodes then finally gained steam. I'm hoping this season turns around in the same way.

I wonder how much the loss of Bryan Fuller to Pushing Daisies has impacted Heroes. I'm still watching but I'm finding in difficult.

Fingers crossed, I guess.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I alone in the fact that I am really struggling with this show at the moment. Most posters are saying that this recent episode was a return to form but I don't see it. I loved this show and was a full blown apologist for the disaster that was the season one finale. But man, I don't need much to hang on but I'm not feeling it at all.

At the end of last season they finally pulled all the heroes together. I was hoping that this season would continue from there with the lot of them fighting evil together. Instead they dispersed them again. This Claire and her boyfriend plot line is uberlame as is the whole Nathan/Parkman thing. And Hiro in the past is terrible. Suresh, who, I hated last year, seems to have the best storyline at the moment.

Last season was weak for 4 or 5 episodes then finally gained steam. I'm hoping this season turns around in the same way.

I wonder how much the loss of Bryan Fuller to Pushing Daisies has impacted Heroes. I'm still watching but I'm finding in difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...show still sucks but this past episode was only interesting because of HRG being so cold blooded. his story overall wasnt very interesting
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that three of their most popular characters --Peter, Sylar and Hiro-- are far too powerful. I get the feeling that Sylar was supposed to die but became too popular to kill off. Peter's amnesia and Hiro's trip to the past were ways of putting off the inevitable, but the storylines are taking too long to unfold.

If I were writing the show and I knew I had to diversify the storylines they way they have, I might have used the Lost formula; dedicate episodes to individual characters. The Hiro and Claire stories would be a lot better if they weren't destroying the momentum of the other stories. As it is, they've spent five episodes expaining that Kensai was an [censored] and is still an [censored], and that flyboy was a crazy guy who is still a crazy guy. Like, the kid outed Claire in front of her class, for god's sake. We didn't need four more episodes to get the message.

These last couple of episodes have felt better, but i think that's in part because the first three lowered expectations so drastically. I think I'm like El_D in this respect; I think the show is pretty much awful, but I'm too invested to give it up yet.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he problem is that three of their most popular characters --Peter, Sylar and Hiro-- are far too powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point that was brought up in another thread. Another than world domination what else is there for these guys to accomplish.... other than uniting in order to destroy an even greater threat - which would have been awesome.

Maybe they never imagined the show would get this far so they didn't plan larger story arcs. The greats do though - look at the characters Whedon developed in Buffy. You can't develop a character arc like Willow's without some foresight - a plan. The same thing has happened with Smallville. The show is brutal this year - it was never great but they've hit a point that they have no idea where to go because they never planned for it.

And again to my point in an earlier thread - I think Fuller leaving the show to do Pushing Daisies was huge. You can't lose that kind of creative input and expect to succeed.

Look at Lost. The show floundered for about half a season but once the original creators were able to work out a deal with the network about a definite end date they were able to pull the story together and come up with some great episodes.

Whatever - I'm rambling. All I'm saying is a show like Heroes (or Lost) must have some foresight and people ambitious enough to implement it or else it's over. You can't do this season by season.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 AM

I've really felt that this show has been suffering from what happened with Lost. After a while the audience starts to realize they keep getting more questions, and not enough answers, and that they are being stringed along for $$ in advertisements.

I'll still watch it, if only because I like the music in the opening video, and I think Tim Kring is a cool name.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm being nitty, or perhaps this is what they were going for, but the picture of Hiro and Kensei has Kensei wearing his samurai gear, IIRC. Basically, if the fight occurs in the 1670s, it would be a bit of an anachronism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samurai culture is prevalent in Japan from about the 9th to the 19th century.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would be hilarious if Alejandro knew English all along and understood every word Sylar said.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one nitty thing that really pisses me off. Alejandro and Maya are inseparable twins. Yet we're expected to believe that one of them learned English and the other didn't.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm being nitty, or perhaps this is what they were going for, but the picture of Hiro and Kensei has Kensei wearing his samurai gear, IIRC. Basically, if the fight occurs in the 1670s, it would be a bit of an anachronism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samurai culture is prevalent in Japan from about the 9th to the 19th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed my point. Isaac paints the future; the future being in the 21st century.