Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 PM

Default \"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport.\" --Charles Lamb

villian is new to the table... no reads. I seem to see this a bit, but really don't have a clue what to make of it. I'm sure this type of thing has been brought up in a few previous threads.. if so, please point me in the right direction. I don't have a clue as to how to search for this situation using our search function.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($44.60)
BB ($38.04)
UTG ($50.70)
MP ($51.31)
skoal2k4 ($110.50)
Button ($17.45)

Preflop: skoal2k4 is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">skoal2k4 raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, skoal2k4 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: \"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport.\" --Charles Lamb

i think this is pretty marginal, but i'd probably fold. he limped in UTG and then called a raise, so he probably doesnt have garbage, even though i think he still has a pretty wide range. the only other thing i'd probably do is call and re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:18 PM

drop it like a hot potato. He is not worried about you haveing an ace.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:27 PM

I would call or raise a smaller bet into the PFR headsup with air. But &gt;HPB doesn't smell as much of weakness. A smaller bet here is typically either a stab at the pot or scared small piece of the flop that wants to get away from it. But &gt;HPB I want to have played with the guy a little bit before I start getting involved with weak hands. So I fold.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:27 PM

What is unique about this? UTG leading into the pfr? He hit a piece and isn't going to let you control it. If he is positionally aware he probably has an ace or a pocket pair. Possibly a piece of the board and a flush draw. It's sized like a standard cbet. He may hope you'll check behind on the turn and let him see another card, with a cheap blocker if necessary.

I just call it and play poker. Raise him on the turn if you improve or he's drawing. Shut down if he continues aggression. You're rarely good here, imho. But if you fold to every 3/4 cbet after you pfr you are massively weak tight.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:28 PM

standard fold imo

if he's bluffing, that's pretty good.