Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Court messed up my name, whats my play?

So I moved to cali from michigan a the beginning of june. I got a ticket like a month and a half after I got here for speeding. Well about 2 months ago I called the court to deal with it and they look up my name and cant find anything under my name. I had gotten the ticket with my michigan license and since then have gotten my cali license. She tells me that Ill probably get something in 3-4 weeks in the mail because the officer has to refile or something. So its been abot 2 months and I get a letter from the court, its a 2nd notice that I owe a $300 fee on top of the ticket and I have to pay within 72 hours or its going to a collection agency. Also they put a hold on my license. Heres the problem. They have the wrong name. They have a different first letter on my last name. So I plan on calling the court tomorrow morning, but what happens if they have the wrong last name? Im assuming she couldnt find anything under my name when I called 2 months ago because they have it under the wroing name.