Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: that puke taste in my mouth

[ QUOTE ]
so i give maybe less than 5% that its ever a pure rebluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I doubt the player you describe is pushing 67 or 99.

fold
Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 PM

I think you losing to QJ or he may have pushed with the same hand J7 either way it's a marginal call. I feel it's unlikely that he's reraising all in with trips or 67.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, how is that pertinent? I'm not saying QJ isn't one of the hands that he'd be most likely to fire on the flop (it is), but to call because of that is simply ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pertinent because it's another factor to consider or think about.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 PM

God damn does everybody misunderstand what I write? I meant it wasn't pertinent in critizising me when I told the 6-post drooler that his analysis was "Great", I didn't mean it wasn't pertinent to the situation.

The whole point was that it seemed like the 6-poster based his call solely/mostly on the fact that "he would have bet QJ if he CB:s 75% of the time", and I'm just so frustrated by all this retards who post retarded stuff like this, hence my comment.

What the [censored] is up with everybody?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God damn does everybody misunderstand what I write? I meant it wasn't pertinent in critizising me when I told the 6-post drooler that his analysis was "Great", I didn't mean it wasn't pertinent to the situation.

The whole point was that it seemed like the 6-poster based his call solely/mostly on the fact that "he would have bet QJ if he CB:s 75% of the time", and I'm just so frustrated by all this retards who post retarded stuff like this, hence my comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does your post have to reek of condescension?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:49 PM

I think some of you seem to be looking too much at the board as a whole and not going enough street by street.

When it gets to the river, hero having a straight is incredibly disguised. And I think the river CR is far more indicative of a hand that was already there on the turn (and possibly the flop) than a hand that just got there on the river, or maybe a 2 pair hand that was already there but further improved on the river.

Thus I think villian is probably reading us for a small set or T9/T8/98 and will definately shove hands like 99 and 67.

Call.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:56 PM

fwiw

yesterday i played a similar pot.. 6 ppl on the table 10/20 eff stack about 2k. i open utg for 70 w/ KQo and villain calls in BB. Flop was Ah Jh 3s. check check. turn was 7d, check check. river is Tc...he leads for pot and I raise it to say $400. he pops it to $900. at this point im about 100% percent sure that he has KQ b/c he had been very passive throughout the session for the split...i push and he calls w/ TTT. villain is

my point is that if you dont have a good read on your opp...you simply cant fold.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM

All you people saying that 67 is as likely as QJ are not thinking the whole hand through properly. Hand reading starts preflop, not on the turn. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but he is betting 67 on the flop a hell of a lot more than QJ.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why does your post have to reek of condescension?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously because he's so much better than everyone
Old 02-03-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yesterday i played a similar pot...rambles about a pot that isn't close to similar.

[/ QUOTE ]