Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Default wtf can i even do here?

About me:

Broke student

What im worth: about £500/$1000

What i know:

basically nothing

What i want:

to learn a lot about business and how everything works and be as successful as possible

at the moment:

i just have this money sitting in HSBC doing nothing for me. what range of things can i be doing with my money rather than it just sleeping all day and night in HSBC. i know, its very little money, but i have to start somewhere.

what sort of things can i do then to make this money work for me, are there any sites/threads that i could use to help me?

thanks for all advice
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: wtf can i even do here?

Do you have a job? If not, get one and save more money. There is like infinity amount of information that is free for you to learn. I basically taught myself everything I know about the market, but I bought a bunch of books and whatnot.

Just read as much as you can and continue to save your money. Figure out what you do that you can cut out to save more money, and remember to pay yourself first. Every time I get a paycheck, I take at least 10-20% and put it into an ING savings account.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: wtf can i even do here?

Take that $1000 bonus whore move up in stakes until you can't beat the next level. Build up a surplus in addition to your bankroll to cover like 6 months to a year of living expenses then after that start investing in index funds. Let us know when your done with the first 2 parts.