Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM

Default So it\'s been a while...

$2/4 Full Ring (WTF?).

9-handed, I raise UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded around to the button who through about the first 30 hands has seemed a little loose but not really particularly aggressive. Too loose to be a winner IMO but not ridiculous.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, and he calls.

The turn is the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he instaraises...

Hrmphagallawhowtfnow?

Rob
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: So it\'s been a while...

so button coldcalled your pf raise?

i guess we can put a hand like QJ squarely in his range. thing is, so can we put a hand like JT that turned toppair with an OESD. other suited connectors that just turned a club draw will likely allow us to see a semibluff often enough to calldown.

even if behind, we have outs against hands like 8Ts, 9Ts, 89s(even two outs against a set).
Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Entity,

Welcome back!

Wow, this hand sucks. So he cold-called, what sort of range does he have here? How loose is a little loose? Does he have any PP, any suited ace, any broadway, any decent suited broadway?

If his range is skewed to broadways and PP's, I think you're sunk here. At best, he's semibluffing JT or something like K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The fact he's not particularly aggro really makes me think we're up against a set, two pair, or a straight.

On the bright side though, you said he's not aggro, so maybe he checks behind on the river if some scarier cards come? Also, if he has two pair, we have a decent amount of outs.

Call here and see what happens on the river? I could find a fold with a good read, but remember, this is only 30 hands. I would need to be really convinced to let this go.

I vote for a calldown.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 PM

w/o reads i call down
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 PM

Whenever I see these posts I assume OP is wondering whether to 3 bet or call down. I dont think you have equity to 3 bet, but you have 8 outs vs 2 pair + he has a T or draw a lot. Id call down and feel good about it.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w/o reads i call down

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w/o reads i call down

[/ QUOTE ]

Call, and bet/call an ace or five on the river. Otherwise c/c river as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could find a fold with a good read, but remember, this is only 30 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of good read would have you folding here? He's played about ~25% of his hands and I've yet to see anything out of the ordinary from him in about 30 minutes of playing.

Rob
Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 PM

everyone saying calldown,

entity said this guy isn't very aggressive. even players that "aren't very aggressive" in today's online games aren't superpassives.

in other words, he is certainly capable of raising this turn as a semibluff with a variety of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draws, straight draws, and pair+draw-type hands. the question you must ask yourself, is whether or not he is going to fire the river UI with these hands.

if the answer is no, would it be a reasonable spot to call the turn and make a decision on the river? and if we make a decision, would c/f or a donk have more merit based on the ratio of combo draws to pure draws in his range? would certain river cards change this decision one way or another?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

I feel kinda bad because I typed this one up from memory and got almost all the important details right. Unfortunately the BB also called preflop and on the flop now making the pot 2SB larger, so we were looking at a pot of 4.75BB on the flop and not 3.75BB which changes a few things a fair amount, actually, but also changes Button's handrange here a bit more.

Rob