Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-22-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

Still running - getting out a lot more now with the better weather. I had a 3.5 mile race last thursaday and came in at 27:38 (goal was to break 28 so I'm happy).

Considering a 15k that will be on 7/8 - never ran that far before, I could definitely finish it, maybe just not very quickly. Training schedule is on the fridge... step 1.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM

I've been slowed by some foot pain. I'm really really hoping it's not plantar faciiatis or whatever.

But, I'm getting into decent shape for the first time in about 9 years, which is nice. I took a week off to let my body recoup after a couple of hard weeks, and I feel pretty good about being ready for the marathon training program starting on June 18th.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM

I was sidelined with a stress fracture for a bit, so I've been hitting the gym (bike/weights), and now soccer season has started for me, so I'm doing a ton of running, I just can't really log it with the Nike sensor.

I have a 1.5 week period with no games starting in a few days, so I'm going to try to get back into running pretty hard during the downtime (though my foot still seems kind of funky)

I can't believe I'm still in 4th place [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone still running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im still plugging along, 12-16 miles a week or so...leaving for vegas today for 6 weeks, hope I can keep it up out there.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone still running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir.

Inside of 2 months 'til NYC.

I'm just trying to get to the starting line healthy. I know I'll be prepared, I ran an 18 miler last Sunday and I have another this Sunday.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed w/ Plantars Fasciitis last Tuesday by my podiatrist. Ugh, I have a podiatrist. Anyway, hope there are some others still running.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 AM

BUMP

Ship the marathon!!

Yes, ran the Portland Marathon yesterday. The calibration is off a little as you can see, but the time is accurate. It was easily the hardest athletic event I've ever undertaken.

Made all of the first-time marathoner mistakes, like starting out a little too fast. Passed the half marathon point at about 1:55, so I had some dreams of finishing sub-4 hrs.

Instead...can you tell where I started to get leg cramps? I had a planned walking point at mile 16, up a big hill before a bridge. After I started up the cramps would come and go, and the rest was pretty tough.

But, I gutted it out and finished, and I was pretty excited after I was done. I can barely move today, but it's a good hurt.

Couple of action shots:

Mile 12, feeling strong.

Mile 21, putting on a happy face, even though I was hurting!

I never felt like I hit the wall at all - I had plenty of energy, and my aerobic capacity/breathing was fine. The legs just didn't hold up.

Next time I guess! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to Entity for recommending the training book, and somehow indirectly kicking this whole thing off for me. I could barely run 2 miles last January, so it goes to show what you can do in a short period of time.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Congrats nolan...I hope I can follow in your footsteps one day.