Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Finding a Wii Tommorow morning

I am contemplating going out tommorow morning to find a wii. I live in Wichita and they have been sold out for about 2 weeks. I have basically all major chains available to me, which one do you think i would have the best chance of finding one?

Best Buy
TRU
Circuit City
Wal-Mart
Target
EBGames
GameStop
Other

Just trying to get a discussion started about this because i can see pros and cons to each...
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Finding a Wii Tommorow morning

The Wii wasn't mentioned in any Black Friday ads that I saw so I don't think you'll have any luck period Friday or Saturday. KMart was open today and people lined up at 4 AM to get one. Watch for the Sunday ads after Black Fridays; that's your best shot.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 PM

You guys really dont think that there will be any wiis at all tommorow? I thought they were holding their inventories until Black Friday is this incorrect?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really dont think that there will be any wiis at all tommorow? I thought they were holding their inventories until Black Friday is this incorrect?

[/ QUOTE ]
Best idea is to call toys r us target walmart and some of the other big chains. Hopefully someone will tip you off when they get their shipment and you can wait on the morning of the shipment. If this doesn't work call back later.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:58 AM

If you saw some ads advertising it, I'd go to that store. But don't count on any stores having them. Also, it's black [censored] friday, if you even THINK about going shopping on that (this) day, you're out of your goddamn mind.

That being said, they've been sold out in Wichita for a lot longer than 2 weeks. Try 'since it was released, just like everywhere else'. I got lucky last winter and got to a target bright and early after a large snow to grab one. They had like 11, there were 15 in line, I was like 5-6.

Check the online ads of those stores for the most recent updates. That's how I got mine. Checked at around 3 or 4 am, and stayed up til they opened. That was a fun night.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

what would be the benefit of waiting to buy a wii now versus say...any other time before now? Is it cheaper or did you just want a challenge?