Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 06:08 AM

Default CA State Poker Championships

Defying even the most aggressively managed expectations, I made it into day 2 of the California State Poker Championships with an average stack. 362 runners started the day; we're down to 40 players with the money at 27.

Play resumes tomorrow at 2p PST with blinds at 600/1200 and a 200 ante. I'm sitting with 42,800 (average is 45,000 or so). Remaining players include James Woods and Amir Vahedi; notables eliminated today include Jamie Gold, Men Nguyen, Kenna James, etc.

I've been hovering around an average stack since my early chip lead (15 minutes in a guy shoved into my flopped straight). I can't say I've been card dead--I flopped straights and sets, had AK a number of times and AA-99 repeatedly. Apparently, I've been unable to convince my opponents I'm full of crap so the vast majority of my hands have gone raise, hit flop, bet out, win modest pot. Whatever, it's better than the alternative.

I'll post something to convey the shame of my flame-out later tomorrow night, but for now I'm into day 2 with enough chips to see a flop.

Edmond
Old 09-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: CA State Poker Championships

GL today

~stephen
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 AM

glglglglgl sir...
Old 09-23-2007, 01:35 PM

You can take it down baby!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 AM

Bah. Out in 12th place. Started the day in 20th of 40 and kicked and scratched within site of the final table. Last hand, shoved with KTc into JJ. Oops.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 AM

Congrats on the cash! Here are the results for those interested.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Here's a trip report/recap of the event, if anyone's interested.

Edmond's trip report of the CA State Poker Championships
Old 09-30-2007, 04:31 AM

"There was a flurry of carnage when the panderers and seducers at the other table took on Eric Crisp, the big stack and eventual tournament winner, who celebrated each confrontation like Terrell Owens of old. This looks like his first real win and I’m sure he played well, but if I could have any wish in the poker world, it would be that people learn to win gracefully. I mean is it too much to ask to see a little more Tom Brady and a little less Chaz Michael Michaels on the felt?"

Lol, I don't know if I would quite describe myself like this. But if I remember your table had no stacks over 100k, and my table had 3 or so stacks of 200-300k so alot of these pots I celebrated were pretty giant pots.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"There was a flurry of carnage when the panderers and seducers at the other table took on Eric Crisp, the big stack and eventual tournament winner, who celebrated each confrontation like Terrell Owens of old. This looks like his first real win and I’m sure he played well, but if I could have any wish in the poker world, it would be that people learn to win gracefully. I mean is it too much to ask to see a little more Tom Brady and a little less Chaz Michael Michaels on the felt?"

Lol, I don't know if I would quite describe myself like this. But if I remember your table had no stacks over 100k, and my table had 3 or so stacks of 200-300k so alot of these pots I celebrated were pretty giant pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we were all sitting a lot shorter at our table, for sure. Coulda just been stack envy on my part. Very nice win, crispy!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:10 PM

i sweated some of this and eric was not obnoxious or douchey whatsoever.