Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where I can find images of the maps with the location of the weapon spawns?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have looked all over for this and came up with little to nothing. I really want to know were the shotgun starts on the snow level.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shotgun is underground next to the large force field wall thing.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where I can find images of the maps with the location of the weapon spawns?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have looked all over for this and came up with little to nothing. I really want to know were the shotgun starts on the snow level.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the main underground area, by the large back forcefield that opens to the ramp. You have to rush there right away if you want it, and usually need to kill 1-2 guys that are trying to do the same.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Don't bother rushing the shotgun at the start - pick up a couple of sticky grenades first, then go down there and goto work on the guy with the shotgun - he'll be the one coming straight at you not moving left or right... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 Brute shotgun + melee. Best advice I've read here.

I think its better than dual wielding the shotties because it leaves one hand free for grenades/power-ups. So effective on the smaller maps.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very affective with shotgun but can't seem to get the brute working for me. Does it have a different range than the shotgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has basically the same range as the human shotgun, just make sure you are close enough to bash right after you shoot them (just like should be done with the reg shotgun).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, brutes shot has the range of a battle rifle. The only differences are that the shots are slow (so you have to lead them if the guy's moving) and the shot has to hit him dead on (can be very tough) or on a surface near him. I sometimes use it to take out snipers from a distance on Last Resort (on the back ledge).
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 Brute shotgun + melee. Best advice I've read here.

I think its better than dual wielding the shotties because it leaves one hand free for grenades/power-ups. So effective on the smaller maps.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very affective with shotgun but can't seem to get the brute working for me. Does it have a different range than the shotgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has basically the same range as the human shotgun, just make sure you are close enough to bash right after you shoot them (just like should be done with the reg shotgun).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, brutes shot has the range of a battle rifle. The only differences are that the shots are slow (so you have to lead them if the guy's moving) and the shot has to hit him dead on (can be very tough) or on a surface near him. I sometimes use it to take out snipers from a distance on Last Resort (on the back ledge).

[/ QUOTE ]

brute shotgun = mauler
Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

A link to a site that has random videos of cool stuff in halo would be great. I loved the video link one of you posted.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A link to a site that has random videos of cool stuff in halo would be great. I loved the video link one of you posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bungie has a bunch you can download
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 AM

MLGPRO.COM
Old 11-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Three tips that might've been mentioned previously, but are guaranteed to bump your level up a few ranks (I have others, but of course I need to keep something back just in case you ever end up on the opposing team... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

First, change your controller settings so that pressing in the right-thumbstick does a melee attack rather than zooming in... Like Halo 2 after the update, melee attacks are incredibly powerful. While this control scheme takes a few games to get used to, the ability to melee while turning without taking your thumb off the stick is huge.

Next, when you're in the lobby and get a Shotty sniper game, or sniper Elimination game - or any game requiring mostly sniping - take a second to go into your Controller settings and lower your sensitivity. I usually use a 7 for most games, but when I know I'm sniping I'll lower it to 5... If you're quick enough, you can also change your settings in-game (such as when you pick up a sniper on one of the bigger maps). Just remember to change back afterwards.

Another shotty-sniper trick for when you've got someone rushing at you, and you both have shotguns out: Rather than trying to shoot/melee the opponent, as they get close to you suddenly back-pedal. If you time it right, the following will happen: First, their shot will hit you, destroying all your shields, then as they close to finish you with a melee attack, you fire. Your shot will happen at a closer range, killing them instantly. The backpedaling takes alot of people off-guard, and some just don't adapt to it. Granted you'll be left with no shields, a sitting duck for anyone nearby who lobs a grenade in your general direction, but against the right opponent (someone who fires the shotgun too early) you can do this again and again in a game.

Hope these helped - I'm designing a few Forge maps, that I'd like to get some feedback on, so when they're done (the Mongoose racing map is almost complete) I'll post the details.

If anyone also has some decent webpages that have some tips/tricks about Forge design, I'd appreciate any links you can give...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 AM

Seeing posts like this reminds me why I suck. Good advice, thanks.