Default $2 6-max - KJs UTG faces a shove on the flop

Poker Stars, $2 + $0.20 NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: 10,669
Hero (UTG): 7,170
CO: 4,600
BTN: 4,515
SB: 10,007

Pre-Flop: (300) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 600</font>, 3 folds, BB calls 400

Flop: (1,300) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 1,000</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to 9,400</font>, Hero... ?

Villain instantly raised over my flop bet, and left himself 600 (i.e. didn't shove). Obviously he had me covered so it's irrelevant, but thought it was a little weird. I haven't seem him do anything out of the ordinary, and his stats look pretty normal. OPR shows him as a losing player.

What range do we put Villain on here?

My thinking at the time was that my equity is half decent against anything, and a double-up puts me looking good to go deep. On the other hand, I'm a big dog to the nut flush draw and only really 50-50 against most hands.

Also is the continuation bet mandatory? Stack sizes are a little annoying for precisely this reraise shove reason, but a check behind feels incredibly weak.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: $2 6-max - KJs UTG faces a shove on the flop

C-betting this flop is standard. We have two overs + flush draw which equals alot of outs incase he comes over the top or call us. Add in the times he will just straightforward fold and give us the pot, you see why I think this is standard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the action, its an easy call. We may just have the fd cards incase he has a set but alot of times we will have 2 clean outs in the K and J + FD. As for the range of villain, it can be alot, but whatever we put in there, we have some nice equity.