Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 AM

Default $2/180, QQ FT Bubble

This is probably simple for most but i've been second guessing myself so i'm hoping someone will help me out. 10 left, 5-handed. chip leader had roughly 45k. the 2 shortest stacks are on this table. i think i'm 6th. hand wasn't saved for some reason so this is from memory. stacks altered from previous hand. the table was playing very passive. big stacks weren't pressuring, often letting the shorts play their blinds. With little aggression, the limp didn't look out of place. was often enough to keep sb out.

Full Tilt Poker, $2 + $0.25 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 500/1,000 Blinds, 125 Ante, 5 Players

BB: 27,294
UTG: 12,454
CO: 25,214
Hero: 16,128
SB: 13,840

Pre-Flop: (2,125) QQ dealt to Hero
UTG folds, CO calls 1,000, Hero raised to 3,000, 2 fold, CO calls 2,000

Flop: (8,125) Kxx (2 Players) {low, i think 7,4}
CO checks, Hero bets 6,000, CO raises all-in

After limp, should i have pushed? I thought it was enough to get the job done. pf, i put him on a mid pair where he wouldn't mind a cheap multipot. i thought a stronger hand would raise with so many behind. i wasn't happy to see the K but didn't think it helped him. my 6k bet commits me but, as before, i thought it was enough to win the hand. should i have pushed here or would i only be called by a better hand? is there a better series of bets so i know where i am or am i too short for that? thanks.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: $2/180, QQ FT Bubble

Sixth on a five-handed table, you're railing buddy. lol, jk. Preflop I think I make it 4K, but shoving isn't completely unreasonable. There was already 3K in the pot which boosts your stack by almost 20%

On the flop, I'd consider checking behind, but that raises some issues. If he doesn't have a K, most players will fear you slowplaying and not fire on the turn. If he does fire on the turn, you might be able to pick off a bluff depending on your read, but you might not. A continuation commits you (unless a probe would work), in which case if that ever bothers you on these flops (which A/K will hit more than 50%), then you should've known that before and pushed.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 PM

i like a shove here. but if you're going to raise the limper pop that up to about 4.5-5ish

as played i think your flop bet is a little big, but i'm not really sure what else i'd do here. i guess depending on what the CO had been limping (like connectors or paint with weak kickers) would dictate whether i bet or not.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 PM

bet sizing (see Bond) is bad imo here. the preflop raise is too small inviting the limper but also the big blind to come along. charge these guys to draw. if he's sloplaying aces or kings he got you thats poker. now you have bet 6k into a pot that has an overcard and no draws. the reason for this was? will weaker hands call? not on this board. had co originally raised you may get value betting into this board from 99-jj.will better hands fold? no way a king folds imo. the only card im afraid of is an ace. i would either shove flop or check to induce a bluff. this may be more profitable if i planned on paying off a king anyway. kj k10 fits this guys range you are a gone goose.