Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Turning Stone Superstacks Series

[ QUOTE ]
!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just giving you a hard time because you were in our room like... half the time and several of us thought you came to TS with no room and just planned on mooching off of others roons.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 AM

Hi Folks,

Thinking of heading over from Ireland to play in this series (structures look good - and, [censored] it, I can). Just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction (any fields I enter will automatically have a one buy - in overlay):

Assuming I don't drive and land in JFK - how would one best get to Turningstone?

Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 AM

i paid deeb for use of his couch the last 2 trips, and everyone was in your room, i'm not just gonna spend the trip alone!

>:[

i am prob slighted because i essentially *mooched* my athens friends in PCA bc they didnt make me pay for rooms but i slept on the floor. i tend to keep this mindset.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 AM

Lloyd,

JFK -> Syracuse, NY

call turning stone to set up an appointment for a limo to pick you up. its like $70 pre-tip.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lloyd,

JFK -> Syracuse, NY

call turning stone to set up an appointment for a limo to pick you up. its like $70 pre-tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Folks,

Thinking of heading over from Ireland to play in this series (structures look good - and, [censored] it, I can). Just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction (any fields I enter will automatically have a one buy - in overlay):

Assuming I don't drive and land in JFK - how would one best get to Turningstone?

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't seem worth the trip from Ireland, but I supposed it's OK if you want to take a trip. Also, Turning Stone is in the middle of nowhere in an economically depressed area, and is really not much to see.

I don't know the details, but you might be able to get a connecting flight on a fairly small plane to Syracuse, NY, which is about 55 kilometers away. From there it is an expensive cab ride. Turning Stone may have a shuttle from there. You could also get a ride from a 2+2er.

You could also call Turning Stone and ask them how to get there from NYC without a car.

It is 4 hours driving time from NYC, but realistically takes more with rests and traffic. About 400 kilometers distance.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prolly won't cause of ummm.........ya.....

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Folks,

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't seem worth the trip from Ireland, but I supposed it's OK if you want to take a trip. Also, Turning Stone is in the middle of nowhere in an economically depressed area, and is really not much to see.

I don't know the details, but you might be able to get a connecting flight on a fairly small plane to Syracuse, NY, which is about 55 kilometers away. From there it is an expensive cab ride. Turning Stone may have a shuttle from there. You could also get a ride from a 2+2er.

You could also call Turning Stone and ask them how to get there from NYC without a car.

It is 4 hours driving time from NYC, but realistically takes more with rests and traffic. About 400 kilometers distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Betgo,

It undoubtably isn't worth a trip in terms of EV, etc. But I have the time available and would probably fit in a couple of days in NYC for some Christmas shopping aswell.

Would anyone have any idea as to whether an AMTRAK runs from NYC through Syracuse?

Thanks for the replies btw!!

Lloyd.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 AM

No train service. The train system in the US is not so good, except along the cooridor from Washington-Phil-NYC-Boston. There is probably a bus, but you are better off flying.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No train service. The train system in the US is not so good, except along the cooridor from Washington-Phil-NYC-Boston. There is probably a bus, but you are better off flying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cheers. I will check out flight schedules, etc - and give Turingstone a ring themselves as you suggested if I am struggling.