Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

chief norton failed to mention the .xls file in his statement, seems like a glarng omission to me
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My own assessment of some questions were as follows:

Was the KGC set up by Joe Norton? No, it was the Mohawk Warrior Society and done by assistance of a lawyer. Frank Cantania is his name. He is now eCOGRA board member and has written the following report on his Kahnawake engagement. I think it would be interessting to figure why the KGC Gaming Regulations have been altered during the last couple of days.

Is the KGC a trustworthy organization? Up to now, it was considered as a joke ("a rubber stamp" or "fraud") and this link is already stickied in the Zoo FAQ - What it all appears to mean. In order to get an unterstanding of the situation in Kahnawake I think one has be very careful and to know a lot. Perhaps this and this link lead to some additional background information but certainly not to a complete picture.

Does Joe Norton real own Absolute Poker? Yes, on the paper, but I doubt that he is the real owner.

Is Joe Norton a reliable person? Yes, I guess. He is used to act like a trustworthy figurehead.

[/ QUOTE ]

McSeafield,

This is good stuff. I have saved most of the information in your posts during the instant scandal. Good work!

I was intimately involved in Indian gaming in the US from 1984-1988. I held positions with the tribal taxation/ gaming commission and the US corporate "management" entity. I was also a named defendant in the ensuing litigation by the impacted state which led to a favorable US Supreme Court decision for tribal rights. I then consulted with several tribes implementing gaming management agreements, establishing taxation codes, tribal police and court systems...yada,yada,yada.

Burned out and disgusted with the ineptness, greed, lies, etc. of all parties involved, I retreated to the solitary life of a poker player in 1989. I've augmented the inevitable busto periods with providing horse whispering services to beautiful, wild girls' crazy horses. lol

I would be shocked if sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporate management companies, corporate/individual consultants, gaming/tax commissions, blah, blah, blah of this Absolute Scandal were not patterned, at least in part, on the results of the US Supreme Court decision and resulting legislation pioneered in the 80's in the US.

I see what you did former Chief Joe Tokwiro Norton, Allen Grimard Green and Scott Philip Tom. I have a good idea of what you're gonna do. I think I know what you should do.

Information is king in today's world of the internets. Transparency is coming...timing is the only variable.

Chief, how does it feel to be the first one to be officially thrown under the bus? You currently appear to me to be a "token" apple (red on the outside, white on the inside). Time will tell if you're a bad apple. AJ, the purported coke head, is probably next. Scott's time is coming. The guy that married the old money may find out that old money and new money mix like oil and water. lol

These internet guys are wicked smart and have access to all the information. Montana, United States, Canada, Tribal land, Costa Rica, Belize, Panama, Columbia, Germany, blah,blah,blah...it's a small world, ain't it.

Thanks for the memories Absolute.

This "first" official statement is just the beginning of everything not the end of anything. Keep up the good work 2p2.

Thanks again for the infomation McSeafield et al.

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you are somehow claiming that Absolute is completely invulnerable to all outside pressure... c'mon now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think is the most likely outcome of this, at this point? And how negative will it be for AP?

DesertCat's post is interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I would be shocked if AP went down in flames over this.

They will keep revealing, fixing, and auditing (and delaying) until some sort of new equilibrium is reached.

My moral side hopes this new equilibrium involves 100% of the truth, and 100% verifiable security, and an independent, strong online gaming commission and outside auditor.

But my realistic side just hopes that we get further along than we are now.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just went to CardPlayer.COM: NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER OF THE AP SCANDAL! but there was a big "Absolute Poker Banner" with jackpot info on the front page. like i said 98% of poker players don't read forums and most of the ones that do don't care! they always figured online poker was rigged anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one tack we can take here. Go to your local card room and speak to the floor. Discuss the scandal, and how it's going to impact their business (help it). Mention that CardPlayer is helping cover up the scandal to protect an advertiser (essentially true given their refusal to cover it). As that they no longer distribute CardPlayer magazine in their poker room. I play at one of the largest poker rooms in the country, and I've spoken to the floor about similar issues before. I guarantee he will respond positively when I speak with him today.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM

BTW, Bluff Magazine is at least mentioning the story.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- We can have organized teams that let AP players know about the scandal at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

- We can have organized teams of 2p2 pro's go in and clean out the low stakes games (which are really the only ones running anymore). Each pro should have '363' embedded in their names.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO did Absolute just kill observed hand histories? Logged in for the first time in weeks today and can no longer data mine.

Can anyone confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's like this for weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is shady. Are they still cheating. I don't understand why they would disable this feature?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

Doesn't AP's behavior here remind you of something? Just like O.J. Simpson claimed that he wouldn't rest until the "real murderer" was brought to justice, Grand Chief Norton claims that he won't rest until the "real cheaters" are brought to justice.

Remember how the jury in the O.J. case was rigged and cried afro-american racism at Mark Fuhrman, and this eventually led to the now infamous "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" defense? Josem, adanthar, and N 82 50 24... you better be VERY careful not to make any racial slurs towards the Native American community, or Scott Tom will have an easy way to get off "Scott" free with the "if Marco is Crazy, I couldn't cheat cuz I'm lazy" defense. The more I think about it, the more I think that perhaps this "rogue hacker", this "geek" if you will, may have been the one that framed O.J. and perhaps even Gary Condit for the murder of Chandra Levy.

P.S. - Has anyone looked into the ramifications of the war for oil and 9/11 really be a conspiracy instigated by AJ Green and Scott Tom as a diversion tactic to keep the press from covering their little charade??? Also, did Batman forsee the future by being possessed by Nostradomus when he uttered the phrase "Great Scott!"?!? This could very well blow the case wide open.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This "first" official statement is just the beginning of everything not the end of anything. Keep up the good work 2p2.
gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, they are trying to make this fade away in a very controlled and managed fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. The final outcome is yet to be determined. It's their move at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a few things we can do if AP doesn't go all the way with their disclosure.

- Harass AP affiliates, blacklist them, refuse to give business to anyone who deals with AP. Loss of affiliate traffic is definitely going to hurt AP.
- We can ask poker software makers (PT, PA, HM, PO) to remove AP support from their products.
- We can have organized teams that let AP players know about the scandal at the tables.
- We can push for more involvement of other poker sites, including pressure on KGC.
- We can get this in the media again if AP continues to feed us nonsense, and insiders are willing to release their information.
- We can talk to everyone we know about the scandal.

I'm sure there's more. That's just off the top of my head, and only includes the ethical side of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inform the TV networks showing High Stakes Poker, WSOP, Poker after Dark and others that a fraudulent shady company buys advertising for their shows.
Closed Thread