View Poll Results: J9s
Raise 39 52.00%
Fold 36 48.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
Do you still have the letter you wrote to that one girl goofy?

If you ebay it I'll bet you'll get at least 250$ for it. I'd bid on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 AM

lol CrappyAmericanCaraments
Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 AM

last day at one of my seven eleven jobs, since I got fired from it.

25 year old boss lady was there. talked a bit. showed her my half finished letter to my family, since I took a calligraphy class in community college. she was impressed.

we're meeting on the 22nd. she said "lets have fun together!"
typical japanese.

still haven't read korean girl's letter.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

still haven't read korean girl's letter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just open and read it. Enough emoing out already.....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of letters. Do you still have the letter you wrote to that one girl goofy?

If you ebay it I'll bet you'll get at least 250$ for it. I'd bid on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I let her keep it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I didn't know it could be such a cash cow, maybe I should get it back.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 PM

Goofy write Micki a letter for me
Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 PM

Hey guys I know you guys love emo stuff so here you go:

I'm in my late 20s, had a few longish term relationships (over a year I consider long). My girlfriend and I have been together a little less than 4 years, and we've lived together for most of that time. We've been having our share of problems lately, but I still care about her a lot. For me, if I really love someone, the little [censored] doesn't really threaten that bond. Well, about a week ago she left me. She felt we had lost our way and our connection and she just didn't think this was right. I was not totally shocked tbh, because we had been down this path a time or two before in the last year - but it always ended it a tearful lovefest makeup. This time I decided that if she really wasn't confident about things, my best move was to just accept it and let her go. So that's what I did. No messy arguments, no nothing. I've broken up with people before because I just fell out of love kinda after a couple years, so I guess I understand. Still sucks a WHOLE LOT though. It's okay during the day when I'm busy, but at night when I just kinda sleep on my half of the bed it's lonely (after sleeping with the same person for 1000+ nights in a row you get kind of accustomed, heh). I guess I'm keeping the house and the dog, she's taking most of my stuff and the cat.

Well, after about a week I've started to really come to think this was just for the best. I mean, it had been 4 years and I didn't feel ready to propose yet, I suppose that says something. Still conflicted but coming around to acceptance, basically.

This morning she calls me crying and begging me to take her back and she's sorry and she made a mistake. Obviously a part of my heart was elated to hear this, but my head is telling me that I don't want to be with someone that isn't sure after all this time if they really want to be with me, and if I take her back I'll just be setting myself up for this same thing to happen again in the future.

Life sure can through you some tough decisions.

I'm not really looking for a lot of advice of sympathy here, since tbh I imagine most folks around here have never lived with a girl for a short time, let alone years. (i'm assuming most of y'all are like, younger than me - not trying to be condescending here btw). I posted this because, well, it felt kind of cathartic to do so, and because I know you guys love a good relationship trainwreck.

Oh wells. I'm going to a football game tonight (woot first home preseason game and first tailgate), so I'm gonna go get the grill ready and try to put this aside and get myself into macho football guy mode somehow, heh.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Fishsticks,

Tough spot. My advice would be to take it slow. If it's meant to be, it will work itself out. You have to understand what brought her to the point of leaving and determine if that issue has been addressed or is likely to happen again. Good luck bro!
Closed Thread