Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: November Meet Up at the Muck

oooh! more live tag fun! Wish I could, seriously--Vegas was my last hoorah for a spell.

Buzz
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say, speaking of meet ups not in WA, Buck had mentioned wanting a second Vegas trip this late May or early June. I think I could float something around that time barring some conference I haven't heard of yet, and I'd just as soon get the ball rolling on that sooner rather than later so I can use my frequent flier miles for the trip. Any of you youngsters just getting out of college then, or anyone else interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yessssss...
Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've stepped it up to about once a week, when I don't wuss out on the way there and stop at Lil's instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lil's is a good room. Even though I haven't been there in years. I hear they remodeled it a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say I've noticed anyone at my tables who I'd classify as particularly good

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean you haven't played with me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Lately if you follow the trail of empty chipracks, I'm at the end of it. Kind of the opposite of the pot o' gold at the rainbow. Unfortunately, I've been in the role as the leprechaun for a couple weeks.

Not sure how I'd describe my look. It was much easier when I had long, bleached hair.

b
Old 09-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Bumping threads is cool.

I heard that they're expanding the Muck's poker room, and it sounds like it'll be done in time for our T-day weekend jamboree. They'll have 30 tables (17 right now, I think). No word on any other renovations. Maybe Bernie knows more.

[ QUOTE ]
Lil's is a good room. Even though I haven't been there in years. I hear they remodeled it a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have, it must have really sucked before. Well, actually it's not bad. Just cramped (and they shouldn't be, considering they never seem to use all of their tables, even on a Saturday night). What really needs a good remodeling there is the service. I wouldn't call it an especially well-run room (management always seems to have too much to handle at any one time), but it's the biggest one immediately adjacent to Seattle, and AFAIK it's the area's only cardroom primarily dedicated to poker, which counts for something.

Side note: Lil's is the only room where I've had players specifically request that I don't railbird their game while I'm waiting for a table (and considering there's really nowhere to wait other than beside a table, it's kind of a stupid request).
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 PM

Expanded room AND no smoke? I'd better get my flight booked.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Expanded room AND no smoke? I'd better get my flight booked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus...PLUS...if you play for 4 days straight while you're here you'll qualify for their December $100K freeroll!

I think that's what the guy with the massive chip stack was doing last weekend.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that they're expanding the Muck's poker room, and it sounds like it'll be done in time for our T-day weekend jamboree. They'll have 30 tables (17 right now, I think). No word on any other renovations. Maybe Bernie knows more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposed to be expanding to 30 tables. Not sure when it's due to be done. I know they want it done by their $100k freeroll.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have, it must have really sucked before. Well, actually it's not bad. Just cramped (and they shouldn't be, considering they never seem to use all of their tables, even on a Saturday night). What really needs a good remodeling there is the service. I wouldn't call it an especially well-run room (management always seems to have too much to handle at any one time), but it's the biggest one immediately adjacent to Seattle, and AFAIK it's the area's only cardroom primarily dedicated to poker, which counts for something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lil's is small, but it's a nice place. Though I haven't been there in about 2 years I haven't heard anything bad about it. If you want cramped, play some of the vegas rooms. The problem with Lil's is that they can't expand it. The waiting lists suck.

[ QUOTE ]
Side note: Lil's is the only room where I've had players specifically request that I don't railbird their game while I'm waiting for a table (and considering there's really nowhere to wait other than beside a table, it's kind of a stupid request).

[/ QUOTE ]

It usually happens in rooms with bigger stakes. It's happened at mucks a few times.

b